Echo 2511 woes?

buffalo606

On 03/04/2019 at 20:18, spudulike said:

Not sure why increasing the idle speed has made it unusable as it would normally just increase the idle speed unless you undid the screw thus slowing it down!

The Echo is a sod of a saw to get right and have recently found that the saws idle speed will drop around 3-500rpm when hung vertically. I have been through the saw I had in and found it to be the vibration in the saw when hung vertically and did get a very Heath Robinson fix on it as found there was nothing else wrong with it.

The idle issue may be an issue with one component with the carb but may also be just a small tweak - as I said, these saws are fussy....very damn fussy!

One of the reasons I remove the cat and punch up the exhaust is it becomes much easier to tune afterwards, and more reliably holds the tune.

• Like 2

Just muffler modded  one of the laser etched ones and OK, it was brand new but had a much better idle than some I have had in recently.

Held steady at between 3050-3200rpm in any position including vertically from the clip which is a big improvement on the last one I had in which would drop by 400rpm vertically.

• Like 2

Just muffler modded  one of the laser etched ones and OK, it was brand new but had a much better idle than some I have had in recently.
Held steady at between 3050-3200rpm in any position including vertically from the clip which is a big improvement on the last one I had in which would drop by 400rpm vertically.
Good to know they have sorted that issue. Did you take a look at the primer bulb? And difference to note?

1 hour ago, Joe Newton said:

@spudulike is your idle fix a discovery you've made since working on my old one?

Not sure which version my new one is either but it's been faultless so far

20190221_094750.jpg

Yours is the older one, if it works like that then all is good. I have had some very strange issues with these saws hanging vertically, MS150s idle with no bars fitted and even the 346 with no bar. Some saws seem to be possessed with the idle devil and need exorcism!

Glad we got to the bottom of your issues in the end and all is good.

My fix is.....unconventional to say the least!!!

Mine is an older one and had real trouble with tickover, but recently I tweaked the L jet and tiny bit and it’s been sound ever since!
I keep on tweaking and keep on thinking I have sorted it. Then seems to behave slightly differently again after 5 mins

55 minutes ago, billpierce said:
11 hours ago, Gerbutt said:
Mine is an older one and had real trouble with tickover, but recently I tweaked the L jet and tiny bit and it’s been sound ever since!

I keep on tweaking and keep on thinking I have sorted it. Then seems to behave slightly differently again after 5 mins

Could the screws be moving slightly ? Possibly due to vibs ?