Fencing Nailer

donnk

Have the pas im350 and dewalt electric first fix.  Both are not the right tool for closebaord fencing runs me think, too heavy, nails too expensive for qty applications and 50mm min size is too long.

So what does everyone else use to shoot 38mm stainless ring shanked ?

Looking like compressor time..

7 hours ago, donnk said:

Have the pas im350 and dewalt electric first fix.  Both are not the right tool for closebaord fencing runs me think, too heavy, nails too expensive for qty applications and 50mm min size is too long.

hi are you looking to buy a nail gun ? as i have a Bostich qun and nearly 4 boxes of nails 3 boxes 60mm and 1 box 38mm it was bought by someone who was going to make thousands of pallets but only made about 30 then it all went tits up, i dont want a fortune for it just want it out my way as i have no use for it PM me if interested,

On 27/02/2019 at 07:11, donnk said:

I completely disagree. 50mm is the perfect size for close board fencing. Why would you want any shorter? I hated my im350I. No amount of care and servicing made it reliable but my battery dewalt is superb IME. 2nd finish is excellent too for palisade and putting trench capping on closeboard. Doesn't get as much use as the first finish so can't attest for reliability yet but so far so good. 

How cheap do you want the nails to be? I pay around 20 quick for 1000's of them. 

Screw carrying a compressor around all manner of shyte putting fences up. Not for me..

And this will offend.. excuse me sincerely, but if you can't hold a dewalt nail gun and fire off a few thousand nails at shoulders reach then you might not be fit for the work. Got degenerative shoulder joint syndrome from breaking concrete for years and I can with ease and I'm no hulk. 

Edited by forestboy1978

Personally I now prefer to use air nailers. If i was buying for fencing I would buy a small petrol compressor, air line and a coil nailer. You can get everything from machine Mart. I would put links up if I knew how to. I too have the paslode 350, but only use that now for roofing or decking.

looked at various brands of the gassles electric nailers and decided to leave well alone....they all have a finite life, and the repair at this point is nearly as expensive as a new gun.......and none of the manufacturers warranties cover it, so for me, bostich coil gun and an A&K framing gun, covers nails from 30mm to 100mm, and , smaller pin guns and staple guns when needed.......the gas ones are just to slow