Husky vs Stihl

dancana

Hi guy's ,

I'm looking for a saw around 70cc , I want to stop using both my poor old 036 and replace an old 365 with one good saw. have been looking at the 462 and 365xp the only big difference I can see is the £200 price difference from Jonesie. I have to say I usually always pick Stihl but that's a big saving ! Any help would be appreciated . Dan

There are 2 threads on here offering the pros and cons of both Stihls 462 and Husqvarnas 572 . One thing I did read was a comment that the 462 was fragile and was not up to production cutting . Aparently the back handle comes apart redily  . The Husky side cover is prone to breaking I read also .

42 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

You won't be disappointed with the 462. Arguably the best saw in Stihls entire range and should be a staple in every arborists arsenal IMO

It may be worth upgrading the oil pump as mine never oiled well from new. I had it mended by our supplier of which mentioned they had done a few prior to my saw.  Now it’s just a dream boat! Not sure how common the oiling problem is though.

9 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

They are same cc really, 70.7 vs 72 but the 365 is basically a throttled 372xp. Power is 3.6kw vs 4.4kw which is a pretty big percentage increase whilst being lighter so the 462 will cut faster.

This is not quite true . There is no such thing as a 365XP  . The Original 365 was around 65cc . Next came the 365 Special which had a 372XP bottom end . Then came the 365Xtorque which is 70.7cc . This can be modded to the same spec as a 372Xtorque by grinding the fins of the inside of the transfer covers .  But as said the 572XP is the real comparison to the 462 .  

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

This is not quite true . There is no such thing as a 365XP  . The Original 365 was around 65cc . Next came the 365 Special which had a 372XP bottom end . Then came the 365Xtorque which is 70.7cc . This can be modded to the same spec as a 372Xtorque by grinding the fins of the inside of the transfer covers .  But as said the 572XP is the real comparison to the 462 .  

I LOVE it when you bring your sexy husky filth stories to the table Stubby ? it makes me a glow all inside. [emoji4]
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2