FORREST MASTER FM13WC 13HP

MSS

fm13wc_008.jpg                                                               Well been on a small budget. I have studied the form, and no I am not looking at Horse racing. When in fact the difficult choice of buying a small ( WEE ) chipper. I have opted for the Forrest Master 13Hp. It arrives today fingers crossed. They claim it can chip up to 100mm or in my language 4" which seems quite impressive only time will tell on that.

Pro`s For 

Price £1.349.00 Major Factor 

Size & Weight for getting into gardens and moving it around.

UK Seller. Thinking Behind this is Parts as things do go wrong.

4" Chip   ???

Build Quality -Quality of parts, Thickness of steel etc. 

Against

No doubt there will be issues !!! 

Well, when it arrives and I have tried it out I will add to this.

Edited by MSS

It arrived yesterday spent an hour assembling it, and filled the engine with oil, tank with fuel and fired it up. Probably the most awkward part of the assembly was dismantling the crate it came in.

Today was its test trial. I took it to a garden where I had previously done a spring prune back of shrubs and trees. There were mountains of brash of various types pyracantha, Budliegha, Blackthorne, Apple etc largest pieces 3- 1/2  " in diameter. It chipped it with no problems. 

There is a problem though, my God it`s a heavy wee chipper. Thought I was going to have a hernia backloading it into my trailer. 

Has anyone got any suggestions as to make it easier? 

It was a major struggle and took three attempts at pulling it in on my own.  

Edited by MSS

Your spot on D-D- Dan with that answer. It`s the degree of the ramp that's the major factor. And to my cost, I have found out mines quite steep. According to the Manual, it weighs 185kg. I have lashed out on a small 12volt  Rhino Winch. If it was a shallow slope and then I too would have no problem pulling it up. I am all for making my life easier, no point struggling.