Forum Trolling

Steve Bullman

45 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I tried to post on trip advisor the other day, and as i hit the upload button, it stopped me warning me that profanity wasnt allowed. I hadnt intentionally used it, but i had mis spelled that, and put an s at the front!

So, perhaps there is some filter that can be added to stop this happening pre post stage?

Swear filters easy enough, shouldn’t really be necessary on a professionals forum but there ya go.  Of most concern is the abuse 

• Like 4

I have kept my shnoz out of it lately as I found it was getting a bit " my Dads bigger than your Dad " but with the  "C" bomb thrown in from time to time . I'm all for a ribbing and some banter now and then and a harmless piss take ( I can soak  em up too )  but it was becoming un pleasant . I am not a " snow flake "  but I was not enjoying it .   Just me .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

You can always use the Olde English way of spelling Sh&te or the Irish Fe$£ing bell which I personally find more acceptable on forums but the language on here has degraded over the last year or so.

This forum is supposed to be a professional forum viewed by members and the general public and don't think it helps us with coming over as a knowledgeable bunch if we are calling each other f ing punts!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So I reckon what ever incident happened to cause this post has passed me by, but I just wanted to throw in a wee view point

I think it's easy to forget how valuable this forum can be. I for one without any exaggeration have this forum to thank for my career. I've learnt stuff, I've found work.

There's such a massive body of experience and knowledge on this site, it's bloody brilliant. 

I think folk should think twice before acting to balls it up.

Keep up the good work folks! 

• Like 15

A. I never say anything online I wouldn't say to someones face.

B. I do swear a bit but its funny .

C. The advice gleaned on these forums IS ( and should be ) invaluable.

D. Some posters clearly struggle with real life - and I for one would not give them a full day on my sites. 

E. D is why I am not on FB or other social media clearly designed by retards for retards and profit / dodgy electioneering . K

• Like 5

Nice one Steve. I went on the ‘Brexit’ thread earlier and saw that there had been 250 odd posts since my last visit. I didn’t even scroll through ‘cos I knew what would be there.
Some of these kinds of threads have brought about some great, lively debates in the past, loads of opposing views and even venting of strong feelings sometimes, but generally good natured and as a community ‘everyone’ seemed to keep ‘everyone’ in some sort of check.
It’s the first time in a few years of being on here I’ve seen it deteriorate to that degree.
It doesn’t bother me overly, I just don’t go on it so much.
I love Arbtalk though, I’ve learned loads through it and met some great people some of whom have become really good friends. [emoji106]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1