Flexi Flue sweeping.

• 3 months later...

5 minutes ago, bikewoo said:

They went over my initial budget but really easy to use and very well made. The large button is a positive click but easy to release when required.
20190624_141848.jpeg20190624_141935.jpeg20190624_141918.jpeg20190624_141926.jpeg

Looks like my 4.0mm square strimmer line . Is it the same stuff ?

We have just had our chimney lined for our wood burning stove. What are people using to clean their stove flue? Traditional flexi rods and brush or power sweep system? There seems to be a lot of very cheep power sweep kits but I worry they will come apart in the flue and cause problems.

I use a thing called Typhoon. The rods have sprung buttons and the rods are flexible enough not to damage my biomass chimney or the flexible liner for the Aga. The head has a nylon string head and you fit the other end to a drill. Excellent at £50 from eBay.

I use my standard drainage rods for the other lined chimneys

Typhoon, cyclone and soot eater are all the same kind of thing, power sweep systems.  I had no way of knowing if paying more got something better but was nervous of a cheap system breaking and leaving the head and some rods stuck, so one of those rare situations where I was happier to pay more.