Glove Love

Treerover

I’m a bit of a soft handed freak that needs gloves to climb but haven’t found a good grippy pair since they stopped importing Wonder Gloves/Ugly Gloves and the Eko Grip by UCI was ceased in its production.
I’ve tried so many gloves, it’s become a quest.
Pfanners , latex palmed variants, nitrile coated this and that’s , Towas, scaffolders gloves , literally dozens and dozens of different pairs .
Unfortunately I found that they weren’t as grippy as I’d have liked , they peeled, or they were dreadful in the wet.
HOWEVER, these bad boys are pretty good.Thin, great dexterity , surprisingly hard wearing (I get a weeks climbing from each pair, don’t peel and get stuck in knots , grip in the wet and £2 a pair !!!!
My only criticism would be they could be a little tighter knit around the cuff to hold them tighter around the wrist in all situations .
I’m on possibly my 30th pair approx. I like ‘em .

IMG_3713.thumb.jpg.1b7bc61f97590e5ddf2b3ad6cf54eb2c.jpgIMG_3715.thumb.jpg.6a4e697603745dd7f7a0f9d22819d60f.jpg

Hantex NF1

I get mine in packs of 20 from Blue Ace Trading ( on 020 89652400) which brings the price down even more .
  • Like 1

Could try skytec brand, look very similar to yours, (they do allsorts) or Juba, again similar but are defo tighter round the wrist than skytec, and again there are lots of variations. They even do some kevlar mixed material gloves that might favour you guys that swing in trees from an abrasion point of view.

• Like 1

Cripes, looks like I'm not working hard enough because I've been getting around two weeks from a pair. But then again I have been rotating multiple pairs throughout the day depending on the weather and the work. Yesterday was a three pair day, with some good solid Irish weather and fishing logs out of a wastewater runoff swamp.

• Like 2

Could try skytec brand, look very similar to yours, (they do allsorts) or Juba, again similar but are defo tighter round the wrist than skytec, and again there are lots of variations. They even do some kevlar mixed material gloves that might favour you guys that swing in trees from an abrasion point of view.

I’ve tried the Skytecs Ratters, nowhere near as grippy as these bad boys !!
You can actually scale vertical glass buildings wearing these (well perhaps not ?)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Treerover said:

Wash which ? The Skytecs or the Hantecs ?

Any of them I guess! I've washed the bog standard grippy gloves and it makes them great. I had some Therma grip and thinner ones, did a review on them on here somewhere. They're decent. Not used the ones you've mentioned mate but can't see it not working to be honest!