What can I tow on a cat B licence?

Justme

I wonder if they were playing games with the system.

Some lorry & bus companies have their own approved testers but only for their own staff. 

I wonder if they held the test till the first licence was issued then sent in the second forward dated.

Pass! ?‍♂️ you’d know better than me, i just know i was pissed off after travelling to wigan/liverpool everyday (depending on allocated depot) for two weeks solid, was mentally draining and tiring at same time [emoji30] and to end each week on a test too! Glad when it was done. Passed C with 2 minors and CE with 1 minor, was well chuffed ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Big J said:

I wonder if a simpler route would be to get something 3.5t plus and just apply for forestry exemption? Would anyone argue with you that this wasn't for forestry: 

Image result for 6x6 sprinter

Just because it looks Forestry does not make it forestry.

Well I do work exclusively in forestry, and it would be a tool and fuel carrier for me, as well as transporting machines to and into site. 

I have a 4x4 Sprinter, but the Mercedes 4x4 system isn't amazing. Oberaigner fit a full mechanical (as opposed to electronically engaged and managed) all-wheel drive system with diff locks all round. I spoke to Oberaigner the other day to look at the possibility of getting a 319 4x4 built, but finding a 319 base vehicle is very hard.

Well I do work exclusively in forestry, and it would be a tool and fuel carrier for me, as well as transporting machines to and into site. 

I have a 4x4 Sprinter, but the Mercedes 4x4 system isn't amazing. Oberaigner fit a full mechanical (as opposed to electronically engaged and managed) all-wheel drive system with diff locks all round. I spoke to Oberaigner the other day to look at the possibility of getting a 319 4x4 built, but finding a 319 base vehicle is very hard.

Do your tests J honestly. Another asset to ya. Just think of the size of mill you could lug around with ya [emoji6] nation wide etc! Or transport your own to and from, or collect to bring in from..,,, collect from the port (if brexit allows [emoji23][emoji23]) etc etc, machinery hauling, other haulage jobs?! Can tax month by month now dont forget so dont need to tax it for 6 or 12 months anymore. It’ll be on your insurance regardless. Loads you could do J!!! [emoji108]

• Like 2

It's worth noting in Scotland you can do your 7.5t test in a swb 512 Mercedes van and it's basically the same as a car test. That's how I did mine. Just a theory, medical and driving test again.

Was a good cheap easy solution to get me the grandfathers rights. You can obviously do this same thing with a trailer to get 7.5t plus 3.5t

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Big J said:

Er saw milling is not forestry.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, billpierce said:

It's worth noting in Scotland you can do your 7.5t test in a swb 512 Mercedes van and it's basically the same as a car test. That's how I did mine. Just a theory, medical and driving test again.

Was a good cheap easy solution to get me the grandfathers rights. You can obviously do this same thing with a trailer to get 7.5t plus 3.5t

You can do the same everywhere assuming your SWB is over 5m long.

I use a 5.2 tonne Iveco MWB thats about 6m.

There are a few more parts to the test compared to a car.

The C1E is not 7.500kg + 3500kg.

Its a vehicle in the 3500-7500kg range plus a trailer to make a combined GTW / GCW up to 12000kg.

Ok you need a better trailer / brakes to go over 3500kg.