New 880

gobbypunk

Hi guys , as you all know I had a break in at my workshop and had my 880 stolen , well I have had a massive bit of luck a charity that helped me when I had my accident a year ago have helped me again and only gone a paid for a new 880 for me so chuffed , so my question is should I run it in with some cross cutting on like half Rev like it says in the book or just run it like a smaller saw and just rev it up from the start 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

break in at my workshop and had my 880 stolen

maybe consider a van vault in the corner somewhere at home indoors, at least for the powerheads. It must be possible to have a box, not necessarily a secure one, indoors at home, with some kind of gasket on the lid, so petrol fumes aren't a problem

like any good 2 stroke, give it a decent run in period, before giving it total raz......around 4-5 tankfulls  of good quality fuel/oil mix then start to work it,  it should be ready for sloging around the 9-10 tank mark, but get the carb setings checked at this point

• Like 2

I strapped mine to a pallet.
Ran on tick over with a little revs every few seconds for 3 tanks.
Takes a while...
Then milling small diameter 12-24" logs for a few tanks.
Then into the big stuff ever since.
Big difference from about 15-20 tanks. Torque is epic.
But at first I was disappointed by lowish power. It builds.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1