Tax status of Discovery/Landcruiser Commercials?

Big J

That's the sister vehicle to the Peugeot Burper/Rifter, is it not? which vehicle is a proper  commodious little corker.

P.S.

I realize time is against you J, but there is apparently a 4*4 version in the planned production pipeline, from what I recall.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big J said:

I think you can only get the Canter 4x4 as a 6.5t vehicle?

They are honestly tiny for me. Even without PPE. Then with saw trousers and boots, my knees are around my ears!

In a bit of an about turn, I think that I might be ordering a Citroen Berlingo. The Commission use them and with the off road traction control system, under body guarding and mud and snow tyres, they get around OK. It occurred to me that in the past 5 weeks I've only towed twice (taking machines off site) and all the rest has been back and forth, day in, day out to the same site. I'd be as well getting 55mpg rather than 22mpg and not putting the miles on the 4x4 Sprinter, which is a very expensive truck to run.

Whenever Iveco see fit to release their new 4x4, I'll speak to them then and see what the costs are. In the mean time, £16k on a little run about (I like options) seems like a decent option for a second work vehicle. Good for site visits too. You wouldn't think it, but the cab on a Berlingo is much, much bigger than a pickup, it has three seats and the loadspace in the back (even on the short wheelbase) is a foot longer than a double cab pickup. 

I’ve just bought one - really nice  little van, as you say lots of space in the cab too! Didn’t go for the off road version as my wife is using it and it won’t really go to sites - £12k brand new with everything you really need on it. 

• Like 1

Just now, monkeybusiness said:

I’ve just bought one - really nice  little van, as you say lots of space in the cab too! Didn’t go for the off road version as my wife is using it and it won’t really go to sites - £12k brand new with everything you really need on it. 

If I order it, mine's £16k because I'm going for a lot of kit and the fastest engine! ?

How long ago did you get yours? Is it the new model? I ask only as it gives me negotiating clout. 

6 minutes ago, difflock said:

That's the sister vehicle to the Peugeot Burper/Rifter, is it not? which vehicle is a proper  commodious little corker.

P.S.

I realize time is against you J, but there is apparently a 4*4 version in the planned production pipeline, from what I recall.

A 4x4 would be lovely, but hope that this off road version should be enough. It really does need to be ordered before April 5th.

Just now, Big J said:

If I order it, mine's £16k because I'm going for a lot of kit and the fastest engine! ?

How long ago did you get yours? Is it the new model? I ask only as it gives me negotiating clout. 

Bought it in the middle of Jan - it’s the smallest/lightest/lowest power Enterprise model in black, with ply lining. I’d go for more power if I’d bought it for me tbh, but it is fine as is in reality. £11750 plus first reg/tax etc. 

Just now, monkeybusiness said:

Bought it in the middle of Jan - it’s the smallest/lightest/lowest power Enterprise model in black, with ply lining. I’d go for more power if I’d bought it for me tbh, but it is fine as is in reality. £11750 plus first reg/tax etc. 

I'm looking at the Enterprise (cruise control, AC, bluetooth etc) with 130bhp, then extras such as offroad kit, rear camera (mostly for my wife), ply lining, 240v socket in the back, doors both sides, probably a metallic paint as I'll let my daughter choose the colour (thankfully they don't offer purple). 

I think he quoted about £16600, plus VAT (including 4 years servicing and roadside assistance) but I'm going to try to wangle satnav out of him for that. 

I couldn't believe how large the cab was. I've driven the old Berlingos and they were OK, but the new one is massive inside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

The screen has the best phone interface I’ve seen - I only used it for 5 mins with my old iPhone but it is exceptional - I don’t think you need satnav if you’ve got a smartphone (I’m assuming it is as good with Android phones though...) 

My phone is pretty old and I prefer proper sat navs. The Garmin I have in the Sprinter is superb. Seconds to program in an address.