How to trim branches when there is nothing above them

forestboy1978

40 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

If you set a prussik on the tail end of your mainline and an anchor at the top of trunk (as a backup if branch breaks), could you then use your ZZ and your lanyard to go out along the branch suspended from underneath it? (and cut with Silky) Too risky? What diameter cuts?

Theres always a way.

Ive climbed trees that were deemed impossible.You just need to look at every option.Can you multi anchor?

ie use lots of little anchors to prevent you taking a big swing if you take a tumble.Can you use taped slings as footholds to get you out on branches to prune em.Use 2 or even 3 lanyards to get into work position with one mainline attatched to the main stem.

Pics would defo help us solve this problem with you.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Normally photo everything but forgot to charge phone last night and wasn't enough battery for camera. 

I think multiple anchors is the answer as someone suggested. At least that way a fall would put me into a triangulated position and be less severe. 

Only one ring on my harness though....

Doesnt matter you can put 2,3 or 4 biners on your ring if u need em.

A 2nd option would be clip biners straight onto your bridge or onto your  side D's.Anywhere that gets you into a safe position and keep u there

Edited by stihlmadasever

9 minutes ago, stihlmadasever said:

Doesnt matter you can put 2,3 or 4 biners on your ring if u need em.

A 2nd option would be clip biners straight onto your bridge or onto your  side D's.Anywhere that gets you into a safe position and keep u there

Doubt this will come to anything. He's got to speak to the neighbour anyhow and I hate this mutual agreement jobs. Double the probability that someone will not be satisfied or lacking agreement or whatnot. 

Good to brain storm though. Wish I had pics. Thanks for feedback. 

• Like 1