Which battery saw

Richard 1234

Which out of Makita or stihl (I have ap300 and ar 3000 battery or I have the Makita lxt batteries) 

i want a new small battery saw just for pruning/ very small take downs and logging small trees (clear up probably drop the small tree with petrol machine.

has anyone used both or any of the battery ones that could give some opinion  please?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Rough Hewn said:

I've got the stihl msa200 with a pair of ap300's and the fast charger.
I love it.
Just needs an off button and an oil light.
emoji106.pngemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Thanks.

what do you mean by off button?

oil light would be a good idea as if not fueling I will likely forget to top oil up as I always do both together 

Hi, just used my new msa 200 for the first time yesterday, well impressed. A garden clean up, generally used it all afternoon pruning small trees and cutting up anything of size for the fire......it went down to 2 bars on the battery but by the time I got home it was back up at 3....looking forward to seeing how much firewood I can do on 1 charge,   +1 for the ap300 battery.

The chainbrake is the off switch...but not really any use when released to access the chain... so I recon it's real important to take the battery out before messing with the chain, a light for the oil would probably be handy as on my other cheap Chinese battery saw I often forget. cheers.

• Thanks 1