Henley Druid

Frod

Does anyone have any experience with the Henley Druid boiler stove?

We are looking to install a new boiler stove for our old farmhouse and this has popped up in our searches. Previously I was angling in on fitting an Aarrow Stratford (Arada Ecoboiler 25kw) but seeing as how the Henley Druid 30kw is the best part of £800 cheaper and claims to be more efficient, I was wondering if anyone had any comments on this particular stove?

Arada ( Aarrow) have been making Stratford for many years so spare parts such as baffle plates and grates should be readily available either direct or through your local dealer.   Good stoves,  we never have an issue,  British designed and made.

Henley stoves I have no hands on experience of,   their web site advises of their distribution sites but shows nothing about the actual production.   I suspect that either they may be being made abroad,  perhaps the far east or countries like Hungary and Rumania or are being assembled in Ireland from components made world wide.   That is not necessarily a bad thing,  a number of 'British'  stove brands do exactly that providing you are right on top of the component manufacturing process.

I believe you would be better off with a Stratford.

A

On 15/02/2019 at 10:55, BowlandStoves said:

Not one I have any real experience of either but I see one of the stoves in particular has some decent reviews:-

https://www.whatstove.co.uk/henley-druid-5-reviews

Think that site is owned by one of the major on line retailers,  I might be wrong but I am not sure that all the reviews are quite what they appear.  Odd that when they had a fall out with a major high end brand bad reviews of their products appeared.  may of course be simply co incidental but I act for the same manufacturer any have never had a bad comment of any sort in over 10 years.     I would be better swayed by reviews here or maybe Green Living Forum.

A

Cheers for the replys guys, the lack of reviews wasn’t unsurprising, but the fact I haven’t found anyone with any experience of the Henley stoves either here or other stove retailers, it doesn’t inspire confidence!

I think I will go with the Stratford, from what I’ve read it should last and definitely pay for itself in the long term.

13 hours ago, Frod said:

Cheers for the replys guys, the lack of reviews wasn’t unsurprising, but the fact I haven’t found anyone with any experience of the Henley stoves either here or other stove retailers, it doesn’t inspire confidence!

I think I will go with the Stratford, from what I’ve read it should last and definitely pay for itself in the long term.

Wise move in my book.

A

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2019 at 10:55, BowlandStoves said:

Good call @alycidon

https://www.whatstove.co.uk/about-whatstove

Owned by stovesonline. Not sure they can give impartial advice when they are a major operator in the industry?

I know who owns it and a bit of background there in ,  but I was trying to get the message over while being discreet about it.

A