Ex Utility Truck

EvilWeevil

Hi, new to the site as of today. And am just starting out my new business.

I currently have a Landrover Freelander, but am looking to change that soon to a pick up, as I'll be doing Tree Surgery as well as Gardening services. Specifically, I'll be looking at a 2010 Ford Ranger, and there is an auctioneers near me that deals in ex utility vehicles. The ones I am looking at are the ex electric company ones. Something like this:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/2010-10-ford-ranger-supercab-xl-2.5tdci-4x4-pick-up-c-w-fibreglass-top/1329919483

I basically want just the outer shell, and want to be able to remove all the shelves/storage from the inside to make space for kit/equipment, and will probably customize some storage if needs be.

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove everything from inside the pickup section?

That's very true about the angle grinder!

The reason I was going to go ex utility was because they already come set up for that kind of work, provided I can get the storage out. Was going to check out the MOT history, vehicle condition etc once I was at the auction.

Thanks for the reply

5 hours ago, EvilWeevil said:

That's very true about the angle grinder!

The reason I was going to go ex utility was because they already come set up for that kind of work, provided I can get the storage out. Was going to check out the MOT history, vehicle condition etc once I was at the auction.

Thanks for the reply

Fingers crossed fr you- checking under vehicle might tell more, huge drips of oil an twisted doors, worn out pedal rubbers tell how much it's been ragged. K

Some Ex-Ute stuff is as said, extremely utilised! But they aren't all like that and sometimes very well maintained on a lease package. View it, by cynical, leave the rose tinted specs at home, go to the auction and sit in your hands for the first few and see what happens! Good luck!

If it’s a diesel freelander id just get a trailer while your starting out, if it’s a freelander 1/1.5 I’ve got the commercial van fittings and floor for sale if your interested. Just remember if you do go down the utility pickup route that these vehicles were heavily insured and parked up in compounds most nights, you set it up as the Bees knees workstation on wheels some crackhead will clear you out within 6 months.

Edited by Sheepy
  • Like 1