occupational health of arb

westphalian

20 minutes ago, westphalian said:

i am a half pint full man and have always seen a positive in everything. if i can suffer from depression at the age of 52 then any fecker can.

Eggs, did they test you for Lyme disease?

they must have tested you for Weils disease as you spend your time in shitty water???

Weils was one of the first things they tested me for, I carry a card in my wallet that tells people that I'm in the shit, Lyme was done later. This went on for six months, then I went home from UCHL. I did relapse and ended up back in London. It cleared itself eventually, no one ever did give me a definitive answer.

That’s a lot of what I alluded to, thank you.

Of course every person that feigns mental illness to get a free pass, or, if they’re a sleb, sell a new book or tv show, is insulting and diminishing those who really suffer. 

Yes I see this, there are those who moan about wasps buzzing around their head and make an immense song and dance about them, and there are those whose wasps are inside their head who don't have the option of escape .
Luckily these days my own dark waspish clouds are now gone, but there's always the occasional random hornet that still reminds you that you're still not invulnerable .
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, westphalian said:

i am a half pint full man and have always seen a positive in everything. if i can suffer from depression at the age of 52 then any fecker can.

Eggs, did they test you for Lyme disease?

they must have tested you for Weils disease as you spend your time in shitty water???

....wot ? Lime in Lager ? That says it all , k

In my experience - the narcissist does tend to have more mental health issues ( cos they never stop blathering on abt it ! ) but also the quiet managed ones tend to suffer more but deal with it better , day to day. In tree works I am guessing foresters tend to be quite settled and plodding characters so on average, lower rate of MH issues due to progressive measured work patterns, which I find helps,  K

• Like 1

23 hours ago, skyhuck said:

It certainly real, the biggest cause of death in men under 45 is themselves.

Women attempt suicide more often then men, but men tend to success

Thats   seriously   worrying  ,  for both genders   ?    Social media ?   Bigger muscles , more money , better tan , bigger tits , faster car .... ?  Why cant people be happy with there lot .  Pure greed and one upmanship is  real ....

Truth is most of us will be buried in a standard sized  grave / coffin  ... no matter how much coin you have .

By the time most people realise that money isnt all that ...its to late .   I'm a fool   .......... I know this is true because I still struggle with the work life balance  . Anyone care to enlighten  me ..  :  )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't think narcissism is greater problem now than yrs gone by ( French Prussian aristocracy anyone ? ) but it seems that mobile fone life has rammed it in yr face now. Definately anyone I know who spends more than 4 hrs on fone has MH problem. K

Edited by Khriss
Every Arb manager I have ever known !!

On 12/02/2019 at 19:31, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

I dont understand how people who have never suffered with mental health can comment saying "your just wallowing in self putty" or go for a walk and clear your head I agree with eggs mental health is a horrible horrible thing and it affects a lot of people and even leads to suicide in the worst of circumstances! Do people self harm just for fun then? I've lost a few friends to mental health and even cought family members trying to commit suicide! the looks on there faces doesn't look to say this is fun! it's normally a cry for help imagine being in a battle with your own mind trying to convince yourself that you do deserve to be on this planet and alive and breathing and that the world wouldn't be a better place without them! 

As for migrants finding our mental health situation hilarious maybe they should stop running away from there problems and stay and fight for their coutry

Can people with mental health just run away from their mind??? 

Jack 

100 per cent agree with you on on the migrant issue jack.

• Thanks 1

Mental health is something is something I really struggle to understand. My father struggled with alcohol, depression, and severe anxiety for the last 20 years. He had a life a lot of people would envy, his partner had a job that paid more than enough so he didn’t have to work. His week consisted of playing golf, doing some work on the house, and then he sold a few loads of logs each week to give him some spending money. He had bad days but on the whole seemed pretty cheery about things. In May last year he took his own life and It turned my world upside down. I ended up burying my head in work as it was the only way I could deal with it. The biggest problem with mental health is there are no physical injuries for people to see so everyone just assumes deep down your fine. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, tim361 said:

Mental health is something is something I really struggle to understand. My father struggled with alcohol, depression, and severe anxiety for the last 20 years. He had a life a lot of people would envy, his partner had a job that paid more than enough so he didn’t have to work. His week consisted of playing golf, doing some work on the house, and then he sold a few loads of logs each week to give him some spending money. He had bad days but on the whole seemed pretty cheery about things. In May last year he took his own life and It turned my world upside down. I ended up burying my head in work as it was the only way I could deal with it. The biggest problem with mental health is there are no physical injuries for people to see so everyone just assumes deep down your fine. 

Sorry for your loss 

The happiest people are the ones who deep down inside are trying to bring joy to others as they can't have joy themselves 

And I also agree with the no physical injuries part a lot of people cope with mental health by covering it with a addiction to something else so they can numb their minds from their original problem it is just their personal coping stratergy

In my personal opinion there should be so much more support for mental health instead of putting adverts on telly about foreign countries going hungry and needing clean water we should be concentrating on looking after our own country and helping those in need 

Sorry if anyone disagrees but I did say personal opinion

Jack 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jwoodgardenmaintenance said:

Sorry for your loss 

The happiest people are the ones who deep down inside are trying to bring joy to others as they can't have joy themselves 

And I also agree with the no physical injuries part a lot of people cope with mental health by covering it with a addiction to something else so they can numb their minds from their original problem it is just their personal coping stratergy

In my personal opinion there should be so much more support for mental health instead of putting adverts on telly about foreign countries going hungry and needing clean water we should be concentrating on looking after our own country and helping those in need 

Sorry if anyone disagrees but I did say personal opinion

Jack 

You'll do well to drive it home Jack, unless folk or someone close to them have suffered mental health problems they just will not get it. when I was suffering I'd sweat it out and then go and front things out, that's all it was, a front, hoping the conversation would end so I could "escape", what I was trying to escape from is beyond me, and I was the one in the hot seat! Try explaining that to someone who's never been there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1