Hyundai 14 HP Chipper

MSS

Havent used that machine but i was in the same predicament last year. One man band weekend warrior. They do make jobs so much easier. Especially as allotments readily want the chip.

I found a CS100 in fairly good condition for 2500, if you can get credit I'd strongly advised doing that. My drum also cracked(a known fault on a certain batch of parts) and I got straight on the phone to greenmech and they were great. Sent a drum out FOC which I was gobsmacked at, as the machine wasnt in warranty nor had I bought the machine from them.

Id sy after using my 18hp it really helps having that power.

Lets face it a CS100 wont really drop below 2500 if its been looked after so you've an asset that can sell later if req'd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would love one , but alas it`s out of my price bracket . And also the reason I was looking for a small petrol ( 14 + Hp ) . Is so that ,I could get it close to the work sites . Which are mostly small to medium sized gardens . With the typical narrow paths and passages . I do a lot of hedges and pruning . So a max of 3" to 4" intake is more than sufficient . Anything bigger would get logged . 

The more I look the more ,I get confused as to which one . You Tube, doesn`t help as the video clips all show them firing fresh Leylandii through the individual  chippers . Which we all know chips wonderful  with all it`s sap acting like a lubricant . 

Non of them ever show , Hawthorne , Blackthorne , Pyracantha ,  all entwined together .  Lol 

Edited by MSS
Spelling mistake

9 minutes ago, MSS said:

Would love one , but alas it`s out of my price bracket . And also the reason I was looking for a small petrol ( 14 + Hp ) . Is so that ,I could get it close to the work sites . Which are mostly small to medium sized gardens . With the typical narrow paths and passages . I do a lot of hedges and pruning . So a max of 3" to 4" intake is more than sufficient . Anything bigger would get logged . 

The more I look the more ,I get confused as to which one . You Tube, doesn`t help as the video clips all show them firing fresh Leylandii through the individual  chippers . Which we all know chips wonderful  with all it`s sap acting like a lubricant . 

Non of them ever show , Hawthorne , Blackthorne , Pyracantha ,  all entwined together .  Lol 

If you look for Jason Gardener on YouTube he has a hornet 6.5hp chipper there £600 new and he highly rates them theyd be no good for the likes of full conifer trees and stuff but private trimmings ad stuff like that have a look for him 

Jack 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MSS said:

Just spent a pleasant hour viewing his video`s , seems a really nice chap . And his Hornet chipper is unbelievable for a little 6.5Hp .

That's a good chipper on a budget for chipping private and bits and bobs for a honest review of the Haecksler look for lhl garden services Lee can't rate his enough

Jack 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've also got the 14HP Hyundai.  Couldn't be happier with it although haven't used it much.  It's a two man job to assemble as some bits are large and heavy although I managed most without help apart from the feed shoot.  Battery cover was a bit of a struggle to get on.  Plastic curtains on the feed shoot are a bit thin and don't stop things getting throw back at whoevers feeding it I make a point to stand to one side when feeding, will replace a some stage with something heavier.  Bought a cheap hour meter to go on it to remind me to change the oil.  Am also going to do something about the top of the discharge shoot if you angle it to discharge on the ground near where you are working some chip comes back over the machine.  However at half the cost of comparable machines I'm willing to put up with some small issues.  Would certainly buy another.

• Thanks 1