Rock exotica akimbo

Clicky

59 minutes ago, Jonny H said:

My prediction: you’re gonna like the device and hate the Drenaline. 
You will probably hate the device on any brand new rope. 
I got mine with a new piece of Xstatic and hated the whole setup. Then put the Akimbo on an older, well used piece of Xstatic and the difference was remarkable. 
Just putting new ropes through the washing machine helps a lot.

The opposite, the set up is perfect for me even today in a slimy wet oak. No complaints at all

• Like 1

The opposite, the set up is perfect for me even today in a slimy wet oak. No complaints at all

Ah-ha, so I’d like daily updates with the weather conditions. ie: wet rope in the dry, wet rope in the wet, dry rope etc.
I was about to order a zigzag & chicane.....
.......and then you posted! [emoji23]

12 minutes ago, Old Mill Tree Care said:

Ah-ha, so I’d like daily updates with the weather conditions. ie: wet rope in the dry, wet rope in the wet, dry rope etc.
I was about to order a zigzag & chicane.....
.......and then you posted! emoji23.png

Its far more reliable thus far than my vt and rope wrench. 

Today with confidence on dirty rope dropped past and swung past limbs on a very broad oak. Found my vt and rw what be far more unreliable.  

I am used to mechanical descenders from the irata work i do so feel more natural now than a hitch. 

But that is true of any mechanical or a hitch.
The question is: Is the Akimbo horrendous if it gets sap in it?

I found mine jammed up you could not actually move it and was unusable... and that was with near new rope... it was one of the go fund me ones so maybe they have changed them a bit since.

Best part of today day has been deadwooding a large oak snotty and mossy 

Found some inconsistency just lowered of the top bollard friction and was back in action no complaints. 

I personally have avoided the zigzag just because its not midline attachable. 

I do feel it needs a 3rd bollard as i feel the lower bollard can get loaded before top bollard causing it to lock up. But overall im enjoying it. Wont know fully until next year now last day of the year done. 

Edited by mtt.tr
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ok today was a conifer reduction, big ****************er and the akimbo ****************ing sucked its unusable on any amount of sap couldn't even release it 

Id go far as to say its not fit for purpose, so bad i would get a refund if possible. 

Real shame

Edited by mtt.tr
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1