Massive school boy screw up

forestboy1978

On 10/02/2019 at 12:11, forestboy1978 said:

Been struggling for work recently. Right on the back end of excessive spending also. So been sitting down making changes, chasing up everything etc to get back in the groove

So...

Got this BT cloud phone app for my landline to divert calls to my mobile. Switched it off months ago as I can't really spend time on the phone whilst on site. It's a headache. Not bothered because I get the voicemails as emails anyhow. So, after deciding I can't afford to miss a single call right now and switching it back on I just realised that voicemails have NOT been going to my email for the last 3 months due to server/ domain alterations. Lost a TON of local work.

Just didn't pick up on it cos I figured, winter/ brexit, maybe it's just a bad time. 

Anyhow, don't make that mistake ?

a bit shit that but the tec we have today makes me quiver, thats why i dont go near it as i would do something like yourself ,for me its landline number with answer phone, mobile with answer phone and a email address on pc at home answer one or two calls during the day but just sort it all out at home and if i need to ring back in office hours do it morning after,

Well I've had 6 calls this week. Some on the BT cloud coming through to mobile. 3 of which were utterly crap but single man day earners. Not bad money if all goes well for a day if I add disposal cost to another job. Of which I won one which is my last day of booked work next Tuesday. 

The other 3 were monumental sized jobs, and awkward to price and to do and customers are just getting a feel for prices for when they get it done, if ever ? Over a day just working the quotes out on those and not sure if I even want them even though I bloody need everything at the moment. 

Hanging on in there in short...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

3 of which were utterly crap but single man day earners. Not bad money

Make up your mind; are they crap or are they earners?!

Glad things are picking up though; what cock to suffer that way because a service provider wasn't forwarding your business calls.

On 11/02/2019 at 19:48, Ian Clarke said:

I don't know of a particular company but there is a company near me that answer all of your calls while you are working and will give you a report each evening. So you know to call Mrs miggins back but ignore the sales call

Found the company

Factotum they are based just outside Newmarket.

• Thanks 1

On 14/02/2019 at 17:21, forestboy1978 said:

Well I've had 6 calls this week. Some on the BT cloud coming through to mobile. 3 of which were utterly crap but single man day earners. Not bad money if all goes well for a day if I add disposal cost to another job. Of which I won one which is my last day of booked work next Tuesday. 

The other 3 were monumental sized jobs, and awkward to price and to do and customers are just getting a feel for prices for when they get it done, if ever ? Over a day just working the quotes out on those and not sure if I even want them even though I bloody need everything at the moment. 

Hanging on in there in short...

Out of interest, why would you add disposal costs to another job, if i was the customer I would be pretty cross if I were paying for someone else’s waste? 

Just now, RDB logs said:

Out of interest, why would you add disposal costs to another job, if i was the customer I would be pretty cross if I were paying for someone else’s waste? 

Trying to answer this as simple as possible...

Cos it's pure chance that I have 2 jobs back to back with the same waste and neither have such significant waste that they would tie up my trailer to such an extent that I couldn't work out of it i.e fit new materials for next job in it along with waste from previous. 

I'd have to pay to drop waste and pay minimum charge under normal circumstances. On this occasion I don't. Simply put that's how you make some money and I see it as fair business. 

1 minute ago, forestboy1978 said:

Trying to answer this as simple as possible...

Cos it's pure chance that I have 2 jobs back to back with the same waste and neither have such significant waste that they would tie up my trailer to such an extent that I couldn't work out of it i.e fit new materials for next job in it along with waste from previous. 

I'd have to pay to drop waste and pay minimum charge under normal circumstances. On this occasion I don't. Simply put that's how you make some money and I see it as fair business. 

Thanks

• Like 1