Massive school boy screw up

forestboy1978

Been struggling for work recently. Right on the back end of excessive spending also. So been sitting down making changes, chasing up everything etc to get back in the groove

So...

Got this BT cloud phone app for my landline to divert calls to my mobile. Switched it off months ago as I can't really spend time on the phone whilst on site. It's a headache. Not bothered because I get the voicemails as emails anyhow. So, after deciding I can't afford to miss a single call right now and switching it back on I just realised that voicemails have NOT been going to my email for the last 3 months due to server/ domain alterations. Lost a TON of local work.

Just didn't pick up on it cos I figured, winter/ brexit, maybe it's just a bad time. 

Anyhow, don't make that mistake ?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Problem with diverting all calls is dealing with all the sales calls and scams on the mobile when you could be working!

Yeah I know it. 

Gutted cos one of the voicemails was a regular with about £3k worth of conifer removal work beginning of last month. Been working 3 days weeks for 2 months now after a long xmas break.... gah.

35 minutes ago, Inoff the Red said:

I suggest making contact with those regular customers and explain communication issue and apologise for the apparent discourtesy of not returning the call, at least then they may call again with future work instead of thinking you may have retired/got too big for them.

Done it already. Left voice mails and lost most of it to people already had work done. 

Did get x2 calls this Friday though which I would have lost if I hadn't discovered this problem. 

Looking on the positive side, we would have been busy over winter had this not happened. 

Relax, you've not killed off the potential, just not bagged a few clients.

They are all still out there, new ones will call, the ones you've missed forgotten about.

As a backup, you could run 2 numbers though.

People not getting through on one might try the other.

I often had this with people called my business partner.

(The down side was that as he would not communicate with me we often arranged to quote twice over. How clients didn't twig we we're the same business is beyond my ken...)

Stuart

Edited by Ty Korrigan
gramma...
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Relax, you've not killed off the potential, just not bagged a few clients.

They are all still out there, new ones will call, the ones you've missed forgotten about.

As a backup, you could run 2 numbers though.

People not getting through on one might try the other.

I often had this with people called my business partner.

(The down side was that as he would not communicate with me we often arranged to quote twice over. How clients didn't twig we we're the same business is beyond my ken...)

Stuart

Probably they did. Doesn't hurt to see the same quote twice from different directors of the same biz if you know what I mean;-)