Husqvarna 550xp drive sprocket problem

Headboard

I have just brought a Husqvarna 550xp new ran the saw yesterday for a couple of hours no problem, but as I finished cutting the chain stop spinning, at first I thought that there was something stuck in the casing so this morning I took all the covers off and checked, there was nothing there but the drive sprocket will not run freely. So I can start the saw and it will run but as soon as I throttle up the engine dies and I can't move the chain freely with the brake in the off position. Any Ideas? 

On 11/02/2019 at 07:14, Headboard said:

Thanks, Guys had the clutch off it only turns about a 1/4 of an inch then solid, as I'm new to all this I going to take it to the local dealer, just thought that maybe as a new user that I was missing or doing something stupid. But thanks again guys for the replies. 

i wonder if the chain has jumped off the drive sprocket?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...