The BIG C .

Stubby

In Short my best friend , soul mate and wife fell of her horse in October . She was blue lighted away to hospital . Part of the treatment was a CT scan . This reviled no broken bones . Brill we said . However on the discharg sheet there was a note , in bold , to say this needs the attention of your GP . A plumbing issue was detected . A few weeks later my wife called at the surgery to pick up a prescription . Whilst there she asked about the " thing " that was flagged up .  No news at all , so thought nothing of it . 5 months late ( now ) she goes in for an un related thing and asked the GP about the " plumbing " issue thing . He says what you on about  . She says on my discharge note from when I fell off the horse . He says What ? She ( working at another doctors practice ) shows him on his computer . He gets all defensive and says she should have followed it up .  She has a dilated pancreatic duct . We googled it and it says there is a 60% chance of pancreatic cancer , for which there is no positive out come .  18 months at best two years at most . My wife bless her says she will now go shop lifting until she dies   .  I lover so much and she makes me laugh . She says look after the kids mate .   I say sure I will , you know that . We have a case for negligence but what is the fucking point ?    

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Ratman said:

emoji15.png wow! Sorry to hear this. Is it all defo confirmed or has she to go in for the checks? Set of muppets, thats a huge oversight on their part!!! Bigtime!!!

We have to have things investigated . So it could be another reason ( the 40% ) hopefully but if it is the old nasty the that's it . No meaningful treatment and no cure . I am a bit tearful at the moment  , she is making jokes about it but I know she is well worried .

Sorry to hear that Stubby.

My uncle was mis diagnosed by the Drs and then almost neglected for 18 months.  When they finally twigged it wasn’t emphasemia but Lung C...  it was too late.

8 days later it was no longer an issue.  He had guessed all along and even made his own funeral arrangement so as not to stress the family in their time of loss.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Sorry to hear that Stubby.

My uncle was mis diagnosed by the Drs and then almost neglected for 18 months.  When they finally twigged it wasn’t emphasemia but Lung C...  it was too late.

8 days later it was no longer an issue.  He had guessed all along and even made his own funeral arrangement so as not to stress the family in there time of loss.

Sorry my friend . That is cruel .

We have to have things investigated . So it could be another reason ( the 40% ) hopefully but if it is the old nasty the that's it . No meaningful treatment and no cure . I am a bit tearful at the moment  , she is making jokes about it but I know she is well worried .

Yeah she defo will be! Not a lot to say really.... wrap her up best ya can, stay strong, fingers crossed etc etc. ?
  • Thanks 1