Accompaniment to white and black pudding

Ratman

I’d not had white pudding till recently as struggled getting hold of it. A lad a work threw some at me that his mum had bought me, its made by “bury black pudding” company. Hes got irish lines in him and says its the nearest to proper irish white pudding that hes had. I’m hooked on it at the min.
Like haggis too, but again struggle to get it here, i’m currently on “grants” branded haggis at the min from a butchers shop in lancaster.

My brother gets white pudding from somewhere near his house in North Yorkshire, tasteless, anodyne  stuff.

Not got the heart to tell him.

[emoji23] ya tight git! I’d take great pleasure in telling my brother he’d got it wrong! Cos he never ever gets it wrong ya know! [emoji849][emoji6]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either black or white pudding makes a great starter for egg fried rice, simply crumble either pudding into a wok or non-stick frying pan (or mash it apart with the back of a wooden spoon) and fry with a knob of butter, or ideally the fat from a leftover roast. Add minced ginger, garlic, chilli, and spring onion whites, fry for two minutes, add leftover cooked rice and a handful of peas, fry for two minutes. Make a well in the centre of the pan, add an egg and leave to half-set, then stir once. Add sliced spring onion greens, and toss the pan around.

• Like 4

A bit lavish for every day but I clocked this picture from Christmas day a few years ago.

Venison haunch, shot by my old man and deboned by a butcher friend.  All veg grown organically at a farm we shoot on...  farmer provides  the veg, gratis every year.

Bit of BP from the same butcher who deboned the haunch.

Delicious.

venison and bp.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/02/2019 at 20:40, Mick Dempsey said:

My brother gets white pudding from somewhere near his house in North Yorkshire, tasteless, anodyne  stuff.

Not got the heart to tell him.

paddy white pudding has a good peppery kick to it. no big lumps of fat either. lovely.

• Like 2

I had some haggis left over and put it in a stew. Enriched it no end. Black pudding good for this as well. Mick’s bit about only get stuff in Ireland in the 70s reminds me of only getting my hands on Irn Bru and snowballs (coconut scones) when I ventured north to visit family and get beaten up for being a pufter sassenach

Now they are widely available I’m not bothered plus the snowballs would make a good damp course

• Like 3

On 10/02/2019 at 18:41, Ratman said:

Once of a day i could of smashed two of those full breakfasts with extra toast!
These days i struggle with the full breakfast.
I did do the big daddy breakfast last year but it crippled me for rest of the day and still felt full morning after.
I’m on a reduced food and drink intake since new year, on had my first drop of whiskey last weekend since new year, and food wise i’ve just tried reducing portions. Its been good to be fair and i have felt better, but that defo filled me up for today that did! emoji106.png

Reduced  food  is   good  , but  I draw the line at reducing  Dads pop    ;  )