Accompaniment to white and black pudding

Ratman

Love white and black pudding, as a quick meal at work when time is tight, i’ve been having black pudding on a teacake with some scrambled egg.

So.... 6am and black pudding goes in some tinfoil and in the warming cabinet for a couple of hours. Come 8am at brew time, Couple of eggs in a mug with a splash of milk and knob of butter, plenty black pepper, pinch of salt, smash it all up and put it in the microwave till the “soufflé” effect happens. Smash it up again and then all goes on the teacake with the black pudding and down the hatch! Job done and thats me sorted till tea time at 6pm.

What would/do you guys have when your having white or black pudding on the hoof?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Serious?  I can do that at 09:00 and a large steak pasty + a cake at lunch time!!  I'm on my fifth heart attack though....

Yes, I could burn 5000 calories doing 15 miles and 3000ft of ascent but probably live on 2500 now. It's the same with working in the cold, as long as you have the stamina you can get over hot topless stacking pulp in the snow but once you are too tired to work you find you cannot keep warm.

Anyway I'm down to 11 stone now.

Best thing ive had with black pudding is sauted onion and apple puree.

Had it at a tapas place i frequent...

Its fuckin delicious!

Dunno if it could be done justice

"on the hoof" though....

Black pudd,haggis and potato scone is great too,or in a big cooked breakfast with sausage,bacon and beans....

Hmmmmm.

Edited by stihlmadasever
  • Like 2

My trouble is i dont have the time to do the bacon, sausage, mushrooms etc or i would. [emoji30]
It takes me literally 3 mins to sort my egg & b/pud butty out and start tucking in. Just after some other quick go flavours. Things to back up a bit after five days on the eggs ?[emoji100][emoji100][emoji38]