3.5 ton plant trailer for 2.6 ton digger and other duties...

benedmonds

Recommendations please, I went to the Ifor site and was confused by the choice. 

Everyday use will be for the stump grinder but I can hire 2.6 ton diggers very reasonably so want the option of using it for that. 

Always amazed at price of used ifors which seem to depreciate so slowly....

I’ve been giving this lots of consideration of late, as I’ll be ordering my Logbullet soon.

ive settled on a tri axle Ifor, but got good feedback and recommendation from Big J about Meredith and Eyre. I approached them for a quote and they swiftly replied with all the details.

The resale on the Ifor was one of th big considerations. Apparently the one I’m looking to order is not that common and a beast of a trailer (one of the salesman said that) so should hold its value.

2 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I have just invested in the brian james digger trailer, its got a 3 tonne payload, multiple tie down points, adjustable inbuilt ramps, led lighting, super smoth ride system. Tried it with the avant on, tows great. Worth considering. Build quality is far better imho

We’ve had a number of Ifor GH94 trailers past and present (2.7 tonne, carrying 2 tonne tracked chippers) - one was a real Friday job - cracked welds, incorrectly fitted axle etc.

I had a battle with IWT to get it sorted (they eventually did, but wriggled terribly in the process) and whilst this argument was ongoing I refused to spend any more money with them and bought a Brian James DiggerPlant. It is about the same size as the GH94 but has a 3.5 tonne gross weight, but is only used to carry the same 2 tonne chippers. When it came I was made up - fantastic build quality, tows very well, doesn’t rattle etc etc! However, it keeps cracking and requires welding every 6 months or so (even though it is apparently a stronger trailer than the Ifor)- we’ve actually gone back to the GH94 now (but GAP hire spec - built on stronger axles with double leaf springs and beefier tyres - still 2.7 tonne gross but over engineered). I’d struggle to look past Ifor when next buying (even though they are tossers if you are unlucky enough to have an issue!). 

12 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

We’ve had a number of Ifor GH94 trailers past and present (2.7 tonne, carrying 2 tonne tracked chippers) - one was a real Friday job - cracked welds, incorrectly fitted axle etc.

I had a battle with IWT to get it sorted (they eventually did, but wriggled terribly in the process) and whilst this argument was ongoing I refused to spend any more money with them and bought a Brian James DiggerPlant. It is about the same size as the GH94 but has a 3.5 tonne gross weight, but is only used to carry the same 2 tonne chippers. When it came I was made up - fantastic build quality, tows very well, doesn’t rattle etc etc! However, it keeps cracking and requires welding every 6 months or so (even though it is apparently a stronger trailer than the Ifor)- we’ve actually gone back to the GH94 now (but GAP hire spec - built on stronger axles with double leaf springs and beefier tyres - still 2.7 tonne gross but over engineered). I’d struggle to look past Ifor when next buying (even though they are tossers if you are unlucky enough to have an issue!). 

Did brian james not sort out the problem?