Work for wood

gobbypunk

On 11/02/2019 at 11:19, trigger_andy said:

Or they work hard? Maybe even got an education instead of dossing away their youth? 

What kind of an education is that then? One that teaches them to be assholes?

I have no time for rich people who tell you how to do your job and then tell you to do it cheaper when they have 1  they have no clue about it and 2 spend more money on petrol for their Austin and range rover in a week then you are charging for a bit of honest hard work.

I have worked for plenty of decent down to earth people with plenty of money who know the value of it and hard work.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

What kind of an education is that then? One that teaches them to be assholes?

I have no time for rich people who tell you how to do your job and then tell you to do it cheaper when they have 1  they have no clue about it and 2 spend more money on petrol for their Austin and range rover in a week then you are charging for a bit of honest hard work.

I have worked for plenty of decent down to earth people with plenty of money who know the value of it and hard work.

I guess its how you define rich. From some of the posts here being  Doctor or working high up in a Bank with a Million Plus house is considered Rich. 

If you dont know what kind of education they would need for these jobs then I'm sure you could google that to find out. You might find them all Assholes but its a very sweeping generalization and simply not true. So someone rich wants the job done cheaper. Could it be that Trade people in the past know they have money and rip them off? So that now they are constantly on the defensive. Im not rich, not by a long margin, but if I tell people I work on Oil Rigs they immediately change their tune and I very often get a 'its alright for you' type attitude. For example if haggling for something. Ive had plenty people tell me I dont need the money saved. So now I'll just say Im a mechanic, much easier. 

At least 'rich' people wont be out to rob you. The stolen items section here seems to be filled with hard working folk here who have had their stuff pinched. I doubt its the rich Doctors or Bankers of the world moonlighting as thiefs. But surprisingly you dont think 'poor' people are arseholes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

At least 'rich' people wont be out to rob you.

they won't be out on a stormy night cutting the lock off your shed, but they probably are involved in some tax evasion, thus robbing all the public in one go. The locum GP charging £1400 a shift because there's a shortage 'pay my ransom or let the patients die'. The bankers who caused the financial crisis by gambling on risky debt. People often use their brain power to grab the greatest share of resources they can with no regard for anyone else

Edited by tree-fancier123
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

they won't be out on a stormy night cutting the lock off your shed, but they probably are involved in some tax evasion, thus robbing all the public in one go. The locum GP charging £1400 a shift because there's a shortage 'pay my ransom or let the patients die'. The bankers who caused the financial crisis by gambling on risky debt. People often use their brain power to grab the greatest share of resources they can with no regard for anyone else

Tax evasion! Of course! Yet strangely the top 1%, thats those on over £150,000 a year, so will include some Doctors and Bank Managers pay something like 28% of tax in the UK. Yet somehow they are also evading tax. :/ 

Can you show me proof of a Locum charging £1400 a shift? There has been examples of this but its the exception and not the rule. I dont have an issue with that. They studied hard for 7 years at a minimum plus three years additional training and most likely incurred huge debts. 

On that £1400 they will have to pay substantial amounts of tax, on top of their salaries. I think you're picking on the wrong people here....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Tax evasion! Of course! Yet strangely the top 1%, thats those on over £150,000 a year, so will include some Doctors and Bank Managers pay something like 28% of tax in the UK. Yet somehow they are also evading tax. :/ 

Can you show me proof of a Locum charging £1400 a shift? There has been examples of this but its the exception and not the rule. I dont have an issue with that. They studied hard for 7 years at a minimum plus three years additional training and most likely incurred huge debts. 

On that £1400 they will have to pay substantial amounts of tax, on top of their salaries. I think you're picking on the wrong people here....

So do you think any of the rich try to hide income or assets from the taxman?

All the clever accountants booking big PLC profits overseas. On a smaller scale, wealthy individuals using tax havens. 

Maybe greed doesnt exist - its just business values according to you

5 hours ago, trigger_andy said:

I guess its how you define rich. From some of the posts here being  Doctor or working high up in a Bank with a Million Plus house is considered Rich. 

If you dont know what kind of education they would need for these jobs then I'm sure you could google that to find out. You might find them all Assholes but its a very sweeping generalization and simply not true. So someone rich wants the job done cheaper. Could it be that Trade people in the past know they have money and rip them off? So that now they are constantly on the defensive. Im not rich, not by a long margin, but if I tell people I work on Oil Rigs they immediately change their tune and I very often get a 'its alright for you' type attitude. For example if haggling for something. Ive had plenty people tell me I dont need the money saved. So now I'll just say Im a mechanic, much easier. 

At least 'rich' people wont be out to rob you. The stolen items section here seems to be filled with hard working folk here who have had their stuff pinched. I doubt its the rich Doctors or Bankers of the world moonlighting as thiefs. But surprisingly you dont think 'poor' people are arseholes.

So where did I say all rich people are asreholes? People who tell you how to do your job and that you should do it cheaper when they have no clue whatsoever are arseholes whether rich or poor, have a PhD or not.

Just because they have a better education or more money doesnt give them the right to talk to people like they are idiots.

I also don't agree that 'rich' people won't rob you. I few I know do it indirectly, they aren't doctors or bankers though, usually run sun bed shops as a front or own night clubs.

• Like 2

A survey a few yrs ago did find in a city business, the MD paid less tax than the office cleaner on earnings percentage. It is this that is wrong with UK , I don't pay a lot of tax , and don't resent paying tax for service in this country, but resent the skanks who think it's not fr them , k

• Like 1