Forestry winch recommendations please

Evening,

I work part time on a 3000 acre Estate of mixed woodland and farm land. The current winch is not fit for purpose, we're needing to replace it,

As with everything we need to be mindful of the cost.

Currently looking at the krpan 6.5 ton, trying to decide between hydraulic or manual,

We deal with everything from thinning young stands right up to felling mature hardwoods.

Our tractor produces 82hp.

Cheers in advance

there are some good winches out there but one or two seem to be better than others and one thing i will stress is after sales service, a few years ago i went through this looking for a winch to go on a 40hp kubota and in the end after trying to buy one from a company down south i just bit the bullet rang jas wilsons and had a winch delivered the morning after, ok it was a bit more money but after sales has been fantastic, at 15 month old a pad came adrift, snapped the drive chain and destroyed the pad, rang them to buy a set of new pads and a couple of split links for chain, no payment was taken on the day but following morning parcell arrived with new pads, drive chain split links and 3 new sliders and 3 new logging chains along with an invoice for £00.00, rang them and asked about sliders & chains and was told have them on us for your trouble, i think that was a good jester and i have often thought would i had got that else where ????? i dont think so,

Tajfun from kilworth or igland from Wilson’s would be my choices... or maybe an oelher winch from FMS if I had money for a quality European winch, people who own them swear by them.. for pulling power and value you can’t go wrong with a tajfun though.
Would not touch a uniforest with a barge pole.

I'll echo matty on what he says on uniforest, I'm not a hater but don't think they are value for money. I have a a 8.5 electro hydraulic krpan and it's been fantastic and the remote is definitely worth the extra money as can actually reduce the manpower needed on site to run it efficiently
DSC_2554.jpegDSC_2553.jpeg

• Like 1