Best Small Stump grinder

benedmonds

What do people think, we have had the HB20 for many years now and it has been a good machine that was head and shoulders above the rest when we brought it..

It has had a few issues recently and it is now only firing on one cylinder.

Should we get another HB20 or HB20n or has something come along that is now much better. Bearing in mind we have a bigger grinder so access is paramount..  

got a fsi b22 thats a cracking little thing.

Had a predator 460 but it would shake its self to pieces and dont get me started on the wires that control throttle etc. Really lets down a otherwise capable machine.

B22 has a small engine but this doesnt stop it, and its built really solid. the 460 feels like a coke can compared to this.

13 minutes ago, treevolution said:

Could you replace the engine or is there other problems?

I have the HB20n and really rate it.

Have taken it through houses to get to stumps before.

The only downside is it's really heavy and if I'm grinding all day I will feel it for the next two.

We have had the hb20 8 years.. it is a good machine. But even bandits don't last forever... 

46 minutes ago, PeteB said:

Jesus Wept! Wouldn't recommend them ever! They are so dangerous they should be banned!

Not 100% in agreement, maybe 90 %. Agreed that it no longer complies with HSE if used with the handlebars turned to use from the operating end (where you can see what is happening). But it does the job quite well that way and I have seen a Carlton tracked grinder, ie monster machine, used with radio remote by operator directly in line with the danger area. 

It is all about planning for worst case scenario/escape route, but I realise this may not be PC to state.