Non smart phone

dig-dug-dan

They re-released the Nokia 3310 which I think has everything you want and is cheap. For a decent camera you'll probably need a smartphone though.

Or maybe a jcb phone if you want something tougher. I have no experience of either unfortunately, just ideas. 

30 minutes ago, gdh said:

They re-released the Nokia 3310 which I think has everything you want and is cheap. For a decent camera you'll probably need a smartphone though.

Or maybe a jcb phone if you want something tougher. I have no experience of either unfortunately, just ideas. 

my wife got a 3310, did not like it. txting was a pain after your used to a smart phone. 

What is wrong with having a smart phone?  You don't need a top end one and they can be pretty robust.. my samsung s7 is even waterproof apparently.

24 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

my wife got a 3310, did not like it. txting was a pain after your used to a smart phone. 

What is wrong with having a smart phone?  You don't need a top end one and they can be pretty robust.. my samsung s7 is even waterproof apparently.

I agree, everything is quicker on a smart phone and my Sony is water and dust proof so no issues there. Only problem is I can't escape emails anymore :)

Whatever you get may I suggest buying an unlocked 2nd hand phone from a place like music magpie or similar as you can get a reasonably smart/modern phone for a cheap price compared to going on contracts. But I would recommend Samsung personally which particular one is up to you.

Have a good day
Ian C

35 minutes ago, Ian Clarke said:

Whatever you get may I suggest buying an unlocked 2nd hand phone from a place like music magpie or similar as you can get a reasonably smart/modern phone for a cheap price compared to going on contracts. But I would recommend Samsung personally which particular one is up to you.

Have a good day
Ian C

Got samsung now. Good phones. Been reliable. Hate nokia

23 hours ago, benedmonds said:

I cant seem to use the damn things, plus they are expensive if all i need to do is text and make calls. Plus, easy to damage, crack screen etc.

I use a tablet for emails etc

On 04/02/2019 at 22:16, gdh said:

i still have my original 3310 and intend to wake it from it's decade slumber so i actually have a phone as currently i don't use one.

3 hours ago, saintsman54 said:

I bet it still has battery ?

i charged it for a while and it still turned on...

i did an experiment years ago when my first nephew was to be born and i just left the phone on so i could be contacted to convey the news. as it happened he was born at 2am so the phone was not needed but i left it on anyway and it lasted for 13 days on a full charge...

• Like 1