Stolen chipper spotted on ebay..

benedmonds

Would all depend whether you still had documents/proof that matched the one advertised before police could get involved. But i would contact the insurance that you were involved with for sure. Always good to catch the culprits/thieves, but the seller on ebay may not be the thief.

hi leave insurance out of it for now, report to police let them do there bit (thats if they have time) and then if they come up with something and return chipper its then up to you to sort out with insurance co, a farm down the road from me got a call about a year ago from a police officer in oban that they had recovered a quad that was stolen from him in lancashire in 2011 bike was returned with police paper work and he took it up with his insurance and managed to buy the bike back of them for £250 which was to cover addmin fees, they said it was not worth then coming to collect and sell at auction, so you may end up with a cheap second chipper,

I can't be sure it's mine but it does look like it and it was not a very common machine.

It is possible that the modifications made are a coincidence. Pic's of our machine are easy to find on the web so they could have even copied taken the mods from the internet.... 

The extended spout is the obvious trigger, but also pretty sure the lombardini engine is not the original one and the one we put in.  The unmodified original had a turbo and an air filter sticking out of the side as shown in the photo, ours did not when it was stolen..

Ours was also at a trailer place at the time as the hitch was broken and they craned it onto a truck when they nicked it.  So that fits with the sticking it on to the trailer.

The current owner is also quite probably NOT the thief as he states he has had it 5 years and it was back in 2011 it was stolen.  I am sure we could probably dig out engine numbers to ID,  I called Manchester police on 101 and apparently they are "an emergency service" and not interested in investigating it.. So if you are selling it your free to get on with it..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kwik-Chip-222-turbo-Wood-Chipper-mounted-on-an-Ifor-Williams-trailer/303037590270?hash=item468e72aafe:g:x8wAAOSwFlJcJzVh:rk:1:pf:0#shpCntId

DSCF0036.thumb.jpg.b99a46b0c93cc06de7c357306973d5a8.jpg

What annoys with most with ebay is their " bury the head in the sand" attitude when it comes to stolen equipment. You cannot report it to them unless you are a law enforcement officer, and since the police will not investigage, this sort of crime will go unpunished. 

Flush them out. Everytime i see the same stolen crusher come up on ebay, i merrily ask for the serial number so i can verify its operating system. They take it down and wait a few months, before relisiting it usually at extreme ends of the country.

Can you ask them for the engine serial number? If its genuine, they wont mind giving it