Draw on tree Picture / illustrate Work

Arb Pro Software

Some of my guys complain when they don't get a picture (They also do sometimes complain when I have quoted from one....)

I often combine google earth with my photos. It does take time though.. Which is why i am interested in trying Arb Pro..

1810782341_1GrangePark3.thumb.jpg.e069bf97e8ccf8a5df74165cb769bc5c.jpg

I also love google street view. Regularly quote from it... It can be useful in looking at rates of decline over the years.

• Like 1

id say this would be particularly useful when the person carrying out the qoutation  is different to the work.

i find the spec " prune back" one of the worst for client misinterpretation/manipulation!!

i recon it good be good for larger outfits.  

• Like 1

Hi Khriss For our purpose Google works just great....

I take your point from a surveying point of view where someone else might be looking for a tree mapped in the past.

For our purpose the client calls to work on a tree that exists, we map the tree on site and send the quote the same day, then hopefully we return to work on the same tree..

Edited by Arb Pro Software

2 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Some of my guys complain when they don't get a picture (They also do sometimes complain when I have quoted from one....)

I often combine google earth with my photos. It does take time though.. Which is why i am interested in trying Arb Pro..

1810782341_1GrangePark3.thumb.jpg.e069bf97e8ccf8a5df74165cb769bc5c.jpg

I also love google street view. Regularly quote from it... It can be useful in looking at rates of decline over the years.

Hi Ben, You can look at street view from within our mapping app, no need to navigate away! the google map loads from with the quoting window... 

2 hours ago, carlos said:

id say this would be particularly useful when the person carrying out the qoutation  is different to the work.

i find the spec " prune back" one of the worst for client misinterpretation/manipulation!!

i recon it good be good for larger outfits.  

Hi Carlos, taking multiple pictures from different angles and marked up to emphasise work, really does help. I think most, if not all contractors in business have learned the hard way, to be specific as possible when writing a specification of works! As you say "Prune Back" is one example where the contractor will on occasion fall into avoidable client disputes!

I have been on it for about 16 months, took some getting used to but it has changed how we quote, it looks great when the customer gets the quote and it transfers into a job sheet for guys to work from with specs, tools needed, risk assessment etc but everybody will have there own way but for me it’s the best 50 quid I spend every month!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian C said:

I have been on it for about 16 months, took some getting used to but it has changed how we quote, it looks great when the customer gets the quote and it transfers into a job sheet for guys to work from with specs, tools needed, risk assessment etc but everybody will have there own way but for me it’s the best 50 quid I spend every month!

Glad you are still enjoying the software Ian, we have a new Desktop and Quoting app out this week, will email all users as normal when its released and summarise all the new features on both desktop and app.. 

• Like 1