Draw on tree Picture / illustrate Work

Arb Pro Software

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Refers to the notion that a complex idea can be conveyed with just a single picture. An annotated tree picture conveys its meaning or what will be achieved more effectively than just a description of work, particularly for the laymen or your client!

When I first started 30years ago I well remember getting used to arboricultural terminology! Adding pictures to your written quotes will only help your client more clearly understand the work description. 

Arb pro users can take 5 photos of every tree, annotate them and save them on the app. These photos are uploaded and your clients can view them online, along with the quotation for their job. Here are a few pictures to illustrate some different types of work, Tree Felling X - Crown reduction - Reduction of selected branches to achieve a specific clearance - Trimming the height of hedges or Bay for example ....... 

Tree Pic App.jpg

Snip20190131_3.png

Snip20190131_2.png

Snip20190131_1.png

Snip20190131_4.png

Edited by Arb Pro Software
spelling

I never said it was better, worse or that there wasn't another way to take and or edit a picture! 

I was purely illustrating a small part of how we help users, this single part drawing on picture relates to a very small part of our software.  Furthermore and obviously you are using pictures to help emphasise work spec, others may not be and whilst we do offer software that can do this, it may be useful and food for thought helping others consider complimenting something they already do well.

Maybe they use an iPad, maybe they use google street view as you have, may be they don't! The point is illustrating tree pictures is very helpful, you are obviously doing the same to further demonstrate how useful illustrating pictures is, however you choose to do it ..

Thanks for taking the time to comment Mick.. 

I guess the main point here is the use of pictures really does help illustrate the prescribed works regardless of method.

The point I was making in relation to our app, is ease of use. A user takes a photo using their camera and illustrates the photo there and then, often whilst stood with the customer to help explain expectations. Then with a few clicks they send the quote to the client, whilst still on site and includes annotated photos, a site plan, and other attachments such as T&C's, insurance, risker etc. On top of that the client has access to all this data online and they can receive the quote by email whilst you are still onsite..

We are not trying to re-invent the wheel here, just using modern technology to help our users improve efficiency and save time spent quoting for work..

• Like 1

Glad to see yr fronting this idea. However I would like to see a bit more graphical editting tricks as this can be ( and this is what I do on Jotform ) done already. Possibly a designer could come up with a smudge or erase like in Gimp or Photos hop. K

• Like 1