Telegraph pole removal

swinny

BT, well their contractors, recently replaced a pole on my property. They just pulled the old one out in a few moments. The old pole was condemned and needed replacing within 6 months, 5 years later...

Anyway, getting hold of anyone to talk about the pole wasn't easy. I gather if it's actually dangerous BT Open Reach will come out within 7 days.

As for the cost, I would have thought removal would have been part of the cost of re-routing.

1 minute ago, swinny said:

BT have said that the pole is their property and part of their infrastructure  and would need a engineer to come out to say if it is now not needed and that it is only openreach that can remove the pole.... 

Saved yourself a big fine there perhaps.

• Like 1

I cut one down yrs back thinking I didn't need a phone line no more, what with mobiles an all..  then wanted internet and they came out seen the missing pole and wanted 800 quid for replacing it...

most expensive firewood I ever used...   

• Haha 1

I cut one down yrs back thinking I didn't need a phone line no more, what with mobiles an all..  then wanted internet and they came out seen the missing pole and wanted 800 quid for replacing it...
most expensive firewood I ever used...   

Ha!!! You fucking clown!!! ? and you deserve to be poked at for that one!!! ???

3 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Ha!!! You fucking clown!!! ? and you deserve to be poked at for that one!!! ???

I did explain that it was in a field that once belonged to the gypsies but they didn't buy it..   800quid or no internet..   fkrs...  took me six months before I could bring myself to pay it...    

Oh and I don't imagine all poles have some cross member at the base, maybe only those on very loose ground, sand for instance..  I should imagine choppin em off and farm jacking the stump out would work fine ordinarily..