Root Grapple For Loader

Commando

Part way through making the ripper in pic below Craig.  

Maybe not quite the same as the picture you shared since it works the other way around.  I'm planning to use it in conjunction with the stump planer on the MultiOne - plane main stump then rip out roots (also thinking about roughing up pasture to re-sow with wildflower seed.)

I saw grab / rippers more like your pic whilst thinking about this one - https://www.digbits.co.uk/buy-now.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoCDaIg3ovfiaJGAlXKKJbUJISorbLF9naDD59F4IlYYbkt1kCrUBKMaAq0AEALw_wcB#!/48-1200mm-wide-Rake-with-8-Hardox-tines-6-to-9t-midi-excavators-made-by-Digbits/p/88135643

Plenty of stuff available for diggers, not so sure about front loaders.

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 20.35.11.png

• Like 1

i just use a single pallet fork or both for easier stumps. i did make up a single short hd tine which does a good job on the bigger stumps. i have the ripper to but finding the roots and pushing tine under and lifting up is much more effective than trying to push down and pull imo

Just dug out half acre of blackthorn stumps, biggest was probably 14/16'' diameter.

the ripper is ok for loosening hard soil but that's the only thing I've used it for.

IMG_2828.JPG

What I like about the setup in my post is that it seems to do a pretty good job of raking, riddling, brash and logs.

Not sure about the need (or idea behind) for two independent grabs. Lots of options out there for excavators but nothing I can find for a loader.

Looks like it will be a fabrication jobbie. Thx Craig

What I like about the setup in my post is that it seems to do a pretty good job of raking, riddling, brash and logs.

Not sure about the need (or idea behind) for two independent grabs. Lots of options out there for excavators but nothing I can find for a loader.
Looks like it will be a fabrication jobbie. Thx Craig

Looks good, bit of making on it mind,
my guess behind the two grabs is to make it easier to grip unevenly sized logs or multiple pieces.
  • Like 1