What next???

PaulCooney1

Not all forestery companies recognise lantra (and i did say the training was the same)

I know 5-6 old retired boys got kicked of the local estate where they tidied up firwood, all had to do training at local college and forestry company who manages it wouldn't recognise them (think 2 estate staff done the same course too and had to take a reassesment to nptc)

But if ur not on a Fisa site ur 10-20 yr old Nptc is still valid.

For the slight extra money i wouldn't have any other ticket

27 minutes ago, drinksloe said:

Not all forestery companies recognise lantra

Around 80% of all chainsaw training in the UK is carried out by LANTRA, NPTC just do the assessment of competence, LANTRA are now doing their own training with assessment which is the equivalent and transferable, exactly the same as NPTC tickets so I fail to see how they cant be recognised.

10 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

Around 80% of all chainsaw training in the UK is carried out by LANTRA, NPTC just do the assessment of competence, LANTRA are now doing their own training with assessment which is the equivalent and transferable, exactly the same as NPTC tickets so I fail to see how they cant be recognised.

Haven't got a clue about that but it did happen probably about 5-8yrs ago now.

The old boys were absolutley spitting about it and so was estate office as they had 2 staff on saw course

So if the training is the same why would  not pay the sligt bit extra for the NPTC version, i know i wouldn't have any other

• Like 1

There is a perception in the industry that NPTC is superior to LANTRA. Especially regarding continual assessment as opposed to been assessed “on the day” by someone else who didn’t teach you. 

Cant comment on the standard of teaching as I’m not an assesor/verifier. But the perception  at least is prevalent.

But I do think there is a culture of box ticking. I have many more tickets than some I work with who frankly are more experienced! ?

Edited by Jimbo 76
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

You buy tickets with cash,
You earn experience with time.

Get as many tickets as you can big trees,windblown, climbing etc.
Then work for a decent firm and learn from them.
Good luck
emoji106.png

Mr Hewn

??!

You don’t even have Areil rescue 38 and you advertised as a groundy !

Nor wind blown or assited fell nor large trees!  As an experienced groundy!

Dont understand thought you would be in experience over tickets camp? As I’m sure you’re very good!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
It's true!
I can't climb.
Well I can but not for money.[emoji848]
A ticket is meaningless on the job, but to get the job...

Experience will allow you to do a job safely, efficiently and quickly.
A ticket will get you on site.

If I were in your position get all the tickets you can.
Then go learn the job from a decent firm.
[emoji106]

• Like 3