Husky saws 390XP, 395XP, 3120XP to be discontinued?

Rob D

No surprise there, these companies need to sell products,

no better way to sell products than use global warming as a means to continually move the goal posts, keep people buying.

Then take into account that these new saws simply do not last,

and you have a recipe for laughing all the way to the bank.

We have two Stihl 041 av saws, over 40 year old, that is terrible news for Stihl, because they still run, so no need for a new one. I think they are 16 lb with bar  and chain, cast iron piston if I remember, magnesium case, and dependable, it got every kind of oil in the mix and it still runs, so what on earth other than a pound or so n weight have we achieved, it will take ten of the new saws to last as long, does anyone count the amount of pollution that will entail, and how about all the polluting we generate driving to the computer / saw shop to try and fix the modern saw, its a joke, we are being used as vehicles to make money, thats all.

If we want to save resources, make proper products the first time around,

that will do the environment much more good, oh I forgot, Stihl and Husqvarna would make so little money then, after banning 2 stroke in other sectors and countries that had fuel injection technology, so others, not mentioning names could swamp the market with their versions that are still not reliable, but who cares, it sells.

The EU decided to even ban 2 stroke vehicles from using the road from

Jan 2017, the great brainy people they are, said that it would not take long for the spare parts to dry up so anyone who owned such a 2 stroke vehicle could drive it till it could no longer be repaired.

BIG U TURN, surprise surprise,

now the EU has decided this is not good enough as it will take too long,

such users have been identified as an ingenious bunch, that could make parts to keep their vehicles on the road.

So now the BS**** ER's in the EU are looking for legislation to stop this.

And our chainsaws will not go a miss either.

if wealthy people used saws, they would probably be giving a grant to buy them.

But there is not much hope of the movers and shakers ever having to work for

a living, so lets penalize those that do, the ordinary man who has to make a living,

lets make him pay up for shares in the global warming scam.

Edited by Echo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 31/01/2019 at 19:19, spudulike said:

Children - Get them to clean the chimneys.....or can't you do that now!

I think general consensus is telling us that chainsaws aren't a major contributor to world pollution, not sure log burners are either! You have to hit the big figures to see a big impact!

Imagine you are trying to reduce household expenditure, do you look at mortgage, motoring, heating, electric and water bills or look at your yearly expenditure on anchovies........well do you???

Yep so my conclusion is - it's so obvious and we know this - then gov knows this.

So if gov knows this and their policies are still nonsense - and they know they are nonsense - then what is their true agenda?

I don't know the answer - but am still going to ask the question. And keep asking it.

On 31/01/2019 at 21:07, Echo said:

No surprise there, these companies need to sell products,

no better way to sell products than use global warming as a means to continually move the goal posts, keep people buying.

Then take into account that these new saws simply do not last,

and you have a recipe for laughing all the way to the bank.

We have two Stihl 041 av saws, over 40 year old, that is terrible news for Stihl, because they still run, so no need for a new one. I think they are 16 lb with bar  and chain, cast iron piston if I remember, magnesium case, and dependable, it got every kind of oil in the mix and it still runs, so what on earth other than a pound or so n weight have we achieved, it will take ten of the new saws to last as long, does anyone count the amount of pollution that will entail, and how about all the polluting we generate driving to the computer / saw shop to try and fix the modern saw, its a joke, we are being used as vehicles to make money, thats all.

If we want to save resources, make proper products the first time around,

that will do the environment much more good, oh I forgot, Stihl and Husqvarna would make so little money then, after banning 2 stroke in other sectors and countries that had fuel injection technology, so others, not mentioning names could swamp the market with their versions that are still not reliable, but who cares, it sells.

The EU decided to even ban 2 stroke vehicles from using the road from

Jan 2017, the great brainy people they are, said that it would not take long for the spare parts to dry up so anyone who owned such a 2 stroke vehicle could drive it till it could no longer be repaired.

BIG U TURN, surprise surprise,

now the EU has decided this is not good enough as it will take too long,

such users have been identified as an ingenious bunch, that could make parts to keep their vehicles on the road.

So now the BS**** ER's in the EU are looking for legislation to stop this.

And our chainsaws will not go a miss either.

if wealthy people used saws, they would probably be giving a grant to buy them.

But there is not much hope of the movers and shakers ever having to work for

a living, so lets penalize those that do, the ordinary man who has to make a living,

lets make him pay up for shares in the global warming scam.

It isnt all about emissions and how long the saw will last though is it?  Ive used a lot of saws of the years, I would hate to use some of the old ones day in day out compared to the latest machines. A lot more ergonomic, powerful, lighter and with less vibrations. We used to replace top handle saws every 18-24 months as they were the most used machines, they had more than made there money by then and there is nothing like using a new saw.

I think all fossil fuel powered machines are being targeted so its not like they are aiming solely at us, diesel is their main target ATM.

• Like 2

Husqvarna and Stihl, multi million if not billion earning companies,

and in over 40 years, what did they do, manage to shed a bit of weight

that a back yard engineer could have done, and add a few springs and

rubbers to dampen vibration, now thats innovation all right, am sorry but 

just about anyone with a mechanical aptitude could do as well, and I think

this is crystal clear regarding their struggle to make an engine management

system for their saws, I do not need their trouble so can easily wait until they

finally get it right, and how can they release new saws with all the issues

sorted when they have warehouses full of their hit and miss saws to sell

first,  thats no joke, what are they going to do with them all, I would rather have a more dependable system available, I can also wait until some more customer orientated manufacturer makes an alternative to

AT and MT, that works, and gives us the tools to work on that system ourselves.

I think Husqvarna and Stihl, will get an abrupt awakening at that point.

Most people won't stick with a troublesome eco system when a better product comes along,

and it will.

Edited by Echo

Can’t say I agree , auto tune husky’s with the exception of my first gen 576 have been spot on and very productive for me, I have brought a few echo climbing saws and I can honestly say I don’t miss manual carbs , these need retuning monthly... I forgot just how crap it is to have manual carbs on a climbing saw.

• Like 4

Can’t say I agree , auto tune husky’s with the exception of my first gen 576 have been spot on and very productive for me, I have brought a few echo climbing saws and I can honestly say I don’t miss manual carbs , these need retuning monthly... I forgot just how crap it is to have manual carbs on a climbing saw.
Couldnt agree more matty [emoji106]

These emissions laws will only effect North American and European continents.
Remember you can still buy a new 051 and an 070 in some countries.

Already a convert to auto tune/mtronic.
Just have to remember to clean the air filter regularly.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1