Husky saws 390XP, 395XP, 3120XP to be discontinued?

Rob D

Yep theyre gone due to emissions and apparently it's gong to be a couple of years before they are replaced! Wether it's only the European market that has banned them and they will still available to import I don't know. 

It's a good job husky and stihl moved over to autotune/mtronic when they did otherwise there wouldn't be many saws available! So to all those who hate and complain about the electric trickery now you know why it had to be done.

• Like 1

up go's the price of secondhand big saws and Spuds work load on rebuilds.
I see a lot of lads get a big saw like a 395 xp and only run a 20'' bar on it can not see the point of using all that fuel to cut a piece of wood,    

Big saw 90cc , small bar 20" , shows complete non understanding of wood cutting.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MattyF said:

Didn’t think the 661 was a bad saw but Was really surprised to hear that there was no 595 or 590 in the pipes, Mark your the second dealer to tell me that so will take it as a given...

They must have something planned but it looks like it's not for awhile. IIRC correctly it's around 5 years from the drawing board to production and I guess with the big saws the production volumes aren't anywhere near that of the the 50/60cc machines hence the big delays in any major changes. 395 and 3120 have hardly changed for years.

Maybe they are going to go down the fuel injection route like stihl with their 500I.

At least husky might look into providing the 395 equivalent with bigger bar options rather than a max of 28in which is how it is atm!

1 minute ago, Mark_Skyland said:

At least husky might look into providing the 395 equivalent with bigger bar options rather than a max of 28in which is how it is atm!

It has always depended on what literature you read I have found .  American spec says 36" Uk says 28" .  I run 36" .404 on mine no problems to be fair .