Lucas mill on ebay

Chrisy B

Hi all,

not sure if I’m correct with this or if I’m just being overly cautious.. Currently a Lucas mill on eBay, as I’m sure most do emailed the guy to see what kind of money he wanted and half sorted a deal. Unfortunately it’s in Northern Ireland and I’m in West Yorkshire so got prices to move it back home. 

Now the guy will only accept bacs as payment, I offered to cover the PayPal fees just to give me cover but seemed to be a lot of excuses to why he wouldn’t accept PayPal.. Now isn’t replying to any texts or phone calls, initial text was that he’d been in a car accident and had lost hearing in both ears... 

Just a heads up really that it’s looking like a con!

Edited by Chrisy B
Spelling
  • Sad 1

Well,, ask for cash on collecting,   but I bets it’s deliveroo only, 

anyhoo. Where’s the link. So we can all be potential buyers and piss take the  Bacs only deal. 

But-on the off chance.. he maybe near @wyk then it may be a dodo deal

Edited by Wonky

35 minutes ago, Chrisy B said:

Hi all,

not sure urge if I’m correct with this or if I’m just being overly cautious.. Currently a Lucas mill on eBay, as I’m sure most do emailed the guy to see what kind of money he wanted and half sorted a deal. Unfortunately it’s in Northern Ireland and I’m in West Yorkshire so got prices to move it back home. 

Now the guy will only accept bacs as payment, I offered to cover the PayPal fees just to give me cover but seemed to be a lot of excuses to why he wouldn’t accept PayPal.. Now isn’t replying to any texts or phone calls, initial text was that he’d been in a car accident and had lost hearing in both ears... 

Would you send a total stranger thousands of pounds on a promise, with no guarantee he even possesses a Lucas Mill?  

Sounds like you have realised the risk but many many people do not.

8 minutes ago, Squaredy said:

Would you send a total stranger thousands of pounds on a promise, with no guarantee he even possesses a Lucas Mill?  

Sounds like you have realised the risk but many many people do not.

Yeah precisely why I’ve mentioned it on here to alert other potential buyers. 

Maybe I’m just being overly cautious, but something doesn’t seem quite right!! 

7 hours ago, Wonky said:

Well,, ask for cash on collecting,   but I bets it’s deliveroo only, 

anyhoo. Where’s the link. So we can all be potential buyers and piss take the  Bacs only deal. 

But-on the off chance.. he maybe near @wyk then it may be a dodo deal

If it isn't a scam, some folks do shy away from paypal for many reasons. I bought a Harley in the UK off EBay and he only would accept cash after a down payment. He wouldn't even take credit cards because visa hammers sellers on occasion in disputes(which, unfortunately, is true). But dealers are easy enough to confirm.

I am down below Dublin in Wicklow - about 2.5 hrs from Belfast. Where in the north is it?

I can't find the listing, tho.

9 hours ago, Chrisy B said:

Hi all,

not sure urge if I’m correct with this or if I’m just being overly cautious.. Currently a Lucas mill on eBay, as I’m sure most do emailed the guy to see what kind of money he wanted and half sorted a deal. Unfortunately it’s in Northern Ireland and I’m in West Yorkshire so got prices to move it back home. 

Its the second time he's had this up for sale, same scam as before.

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

Its the second time he's had this up for sale, same scam as before.

I assume you contacted him the first time round in that case? Spent half the day yesterday looking at haulage prices and messaging the guy. Damn annoying when you go through all that for it not to be legit! 

I assume you contacted him the first time round in that case? Spent half the day yesterday looking at haulage prices and messaging the guy. Damn annoying when you go through all that for it not to be legit! 

Not as much hassle as being done and trying to get a refund.
[emoji51]

1 hour ago, Chrisy B said:

No, never contacted him. Just reeked of Scam and I watched the auction. Then all of a sudden its back up again. Usual story of low feedback for worthless items, no paypal and no other items for sale. Same every time.