Weight in motion

Ian C

4 minutes ago, Ian C said:

There is a weight in motion site not far off Boston spa , wetherby, the guy wouldn’t tell me exactly where but basically said it’s not a million miles from out current weight bridge! I guess in many ways it’s a good thing as it will stop vastly over loaded 3.5t vans , a pic he showed us in the course was a transit panel van pulled at wetherby and grossed off at 6.5t !!!! Full of soil and rubble when they opened the doors.

vastly overloaded vans...

Just found this on the web!

Quite an eyeopener...

12_128_.pdf   FOI request.....

12_128a.pdf     Stats on vehicles weighed at 10 sites and % on or overweight! Blimey!!

Edited by Bob_z_l
Add detail
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ratman said:

IMG_2871.jpg

When I looked at this as part of a whatsapp message doing the rounds I found there was a lot of stuff saying it wasn't true.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/revealed-the-truth-about-new-smart-motorway-speed-cameras/

RAC reports...Highways England Spokesman.... said:

“Safety cameras on smart motorways are set by each regional police force, we are unaware of any sweeping changes to the entire camera network on either the M1 or M25.

“It simply isn’t possible to activate or deactivate every single speed camera on the M1 or M25 at the press of a button.”

• Like 1

?‍♂️ cant say bob_z_l its just what they put up on the board. I think it will be hard to prosecute accurately at 72mph specifically. Each county used to be set by its individual chief commissioner a 10% + (whatever they decided)

10 minutes ago, Ratman said:

?‍♂️ cant say bob_z_l its just what they put up on the board. I think it will be hard to prosecute accurately at 72mph specifically. Each county used to be set by its individual chief commissioner a 10% + (whatever they decided)

There is so much stuff flying round ...

You are right. Sure they can't prosecute everyone in those close tolerances....

I used to laugh at Trump and his "Fake News" but when you dig a bit deeper on certain things it seems there is a lot around.
It then Quickly turns to urban myth and then everyone will quote it till the day it probably does become true....

no offence intended , hopefully none caused.

• Like 2