Weight in motion

Ian C

the camera vans are user operated in spite of the type approval, the operator can only use the device to corroberate his estimate that you are speeding, in reality they traack and record every vehicle they can and the tapes are analysed latter to catch as many as possible, they will almost never realease the video for court use claiming data protection, sneaky c@@ts

It’s pretty amazing technology, I was shown a print out of what the system shows and it’s hard to argues agains it if caught, it’s cross referenced with anpr so tells what the vehicle is, who it belongs to , plated weight , colour etc but then tell the actual weight at that time and which axels are over weight!

Work has started to convert part of the M27 and M3 into a smart motorway . Whilst the work is being carried out there is a 50mph speed limit with strategically placed average speed cameras . I amazes me how some people don't grasp the concept of " average speed " over 3 consecutive cameras .  I see them   braking for the camera then speeding up , then braking for the next one etc etc . Probably registering an average speed over the 3 cameras of about 68mph !

Edited by Stubby

I was most impressed at the cold-blooded efficiency of the Polis and our Court Service, the time I got caught driving without insurance, about 18 months ago.

Well apart from all the documentation bearing my previous employers address, rather than my home address, which has not changed in near 25 years.

Much good that that did me though.

mth

Work has started to convert part of the M27 and M3 into a smart motorway . Whilst the work is being carried out there is a 50mph speed limit with strategically placed average speed cameras . I amazes me how some people don't grasp the concept of " average speed " over 3 consecutive cameras .  I see them   braking for the camera then speeding up , then braking for the next one etc etc . Probably registering an average speed over the 3 cameras of about 68mph !

I agree stubby but this isn’t about speed, they have that well covered ,this is about vehicle weights, your basically being weighed without knowing it, soon m ways and duel carriage ways will be a no go for most guys running small vans in this job!

1 minute ago, Ian C said:

I agree stubby but this isn’t about speed, they have that well covered ,this is about vehicle weights, your basically being weighed without knowing it, soon m ways and duel carriage ways will be a no go for most guys running small vans in this job!

I thought that was also in a " smart " motor way ? The weight in motion I mean ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian C said:

Unless your address is a caravan.

• Like 4

Is this the thing that detects what vehicle you're driving in and the appropriate speed limit?

I'm in the market for a new 4x4 and after 10 years of Navara's i'm shopping around for a change.....this is restricting the amount of available vehicles though.  When I was in the Nissan dealer the other day the guy I was speaking to wasn't even aware that some pick ups can only go 70

Whats promoted your move away from Navara’s Steve, you had issues? I’m looking at buying a V6 outlaw at end of the year hopefully, soon as i’ve got my garage finished. Would you recommend one or advise to stay away?

Just now, Ratman said:

Whats promoted your move away from Navara’s Steve, you had issues? I’m looking at buying a V6 outlaw at end of the year hopefully, soon as i’ve got my garage finished. Would you recommend one or advise to stay away?

No issues whatsoever, in all liklihood I will end up buying another one.  I have had 3 over the past 10 years and have never looked elsewhere.  Decided this time to look at the other options.  I still keep coming back to the Navara though.

New Mitsubish shape out later this year, not sure i'm a fan.  Talk of a Ford Raptor also, although its looking a bit pricey.....and well, its a Ford, regardless of how nice it looks.

• Like 1

No issues whatsoever, in all liklihood I will end up buying another one.  I have had 3 over the past 10 years and have never looked elsewhere.  Decided this time to look at the other options.  I still keep coming back to the Navara though.

New Mitsubish shape out later this year, not sure i'm a fan.  Talk of a Ford Raptor also, although its looking a bit pricey.....and well, its a Ford, regardless of how nice it looks.

You had the V6 Steve or just the 2.5dci?