quick acting weedkiller

miker

I bought some tubs of Clinic ace/gallup before the rules came in last september or whenever it was??

Apply it very carefully in dry conditions, after 3 days the culprits you have treated seem to burst in to life as theyre gasping for their last breath, then usually by 4/5th day theyre brown, wilted and dead! Even got all my marestail under control using it. Its took me about 5yrs but hardly get any popping up now.

Do you guys have to produce spraying licences now to buy high percentage based glyphosate products or have you found a different type/brand to go with instead?

10 hours ago, miker said:

Using rosate 360 at the moment but seems to take up to 4 weeks for any noticible die back, is there anything a bit quicker ?

cheers

Hi Miker,

I guess what area of the country you are using it in and on what, but pretty much this time of the year I'd say thumbs up to Stere's advice

53 minutes ago, Stere said:

Flame weeder

Glysophate based herbicides tend to be most efficient in the growing season and with plenty of surface area of contact to work on. So if treating Mares tail or the like, using a wetting agent/surfactant along with "smashing" the stems up a bit can help the chemical take. Plus waiting till Spring gives you more "green" for it to work on.

If your client is getting impatient then get the flame thrower out!

Cheers

I

Mares tail = [emoji20] fr me . Not any of our allowed chemical will sort it. K

My mate uses “progreen” for marestail, BUT.... if your quick and buy some by end of next week you’ll miss the cut off. Theyre stopping selling to public on 31st jan 19.
  • Thanks 1

Glyphosate always slow at this time of year as plants dormant/semi dormant, for best results apply when actively growing, not at the moment here as getting permafrost stage, will change by next wk probably.

As said for quick results on initial knockdown, use a flame gun

For marestail try Icade