Cutting it with Battery Power

Steve Bullman

ECHO has introduced an all-new 58V battery chainsaw to their growing range of lithium ion outdoor power equipment. The CS-58V4AH has the cutting performance of its petrol counterparts, with the additional benefits of battery power.  Low noise and low vibration are immediately evident in this effortless yet powerful product. It makes little noise when running, while the lack of vibration compared to a petrol model greatly reduces stress and fatigue for the user. What also makes a real difference to the working environment is the fact that with battery power you have no emissions, no fuel filling with two-stroke and there is no need to store petrol. 

The CS-58V4AH is easy to use. With battery power you just charge up and go! The chainsaw uses a 4Ah battery which gives you plenty of run time for logging and felling small trees, and the quick charger will have it rapidly charged to reduce downtime. The lithium ion battery also fits other 58V battery products in the range so you can run a trimmer, hedge trimmer, lawn mower and power blower using the same battery. Additional batteries can be purchased as a back-up for when you need to get on with bigger jobs without interruption. 

Using the chainsaw you’ll find the 0.043 gauge cutting bar gives a sharp and smooth cut and the automatic oiler gives the chain optimum oiling for longer life. There is easy side access to the chain tensioner to allow quick chain adjustment, and the oil tank is translucent for easy level checks. The power comes from the long-lasting brushless motor which requires minimal maintenance due to non-wearing parts, which means you save on servicing costs as well as petrol bills. 

For the home owner and semi-professional it’s hard to see why you wouldn’t choose the benefits of the CS-58V4AH. The chainsaw comes with a two-year domestic or one-year professional warranty and the 58V battery carries a two-year warranty for added peace of mind.  You can find out more from your local authorised ECHO dealer, by visiting www.echo-tools.co.uk or call 0800 597 7777 for more information.

View full record

• Like 1

I've been thinking about one for hedge laying. On rough hedges with lots of tangled limbs to clean up I'm always needing a saw to hand but it rarely works hard and I've a tendency to leave it idling too long burning plugs out. 

A cordless makes sense. No stopping and restarting, just pick it up and press the trigger. And when I've got to carry my gear across a field because its cultivated or too wet to drive on, I wouldn't have fuel and oil to carry. 

Lot of money though and I wonder how long it would last. 

58V, but only a measly 4 AmpHr battery, very odd surely?

P.S.

I saw a battery chop saw advertised on FFX's site, probably a Makita?, that simply used 2 standard 18V batteries to give 36V.

A downright brilliant idea I thought, since the 18V battery now seems to be becoming standard for cordless power tools.

Marcus