Unimog parts?

Conor Wright

How much have you been quoted?
In the region of 2k per side, new bearings and gears in old casings. Plus I need calipers too. So that's at least another thousand, plus pads. Looking at getting the brakes reconditioned locally, seems better value.. wouldn't usually be bitching about costs but I'm only after putting a new engine and associated bits in the digger, leaving the funds on the low side regarding unexpected repairs!

Complete used portals are available, I bought one from Germany for 200 euro.

You can reseal calipers,the kits are about .

On your diff there is a little metal tag,right on the top side from memory. Clean it off and take a picture,this might be required when buying portals because there are a few different diffs out there.

• Like 1

This bloke seems to have a few...

https://www.donnerbauer.com/ersatzteile/achsen-und-teile-alle-unimog/

@Conor Wright

Most/many Germans speak English,it would be wise to ask home to get all that you need together and send it in a "oner ".You might pay a bit more than if your sourced all the bits yourself but Unimogs are common in Germany so the parts come pretty quick.

This bloke seems to have a few...

https://www.donnerbauer.com/ersatzteile/achsen-und-teile-alle-unimog/

@Conor Wright

Most/many Germans speak English,it would be wise to ask home to get all that you need together and send it in a "oner ".You might pay a bit more than if your sourced all the bits yourself but Unimogs are common in Germany so the parts come pretty quick.

200? Sounds more reasonable alright, in fact that sounds cheap for what it is to be honest.
I will call them in the morning, hope they're open, if not on Monday.
Thank you! You may have just saved me a small fortune! I bought the mog out of Germany but didn't think there would be that much of a price difference in parts. Even if I ended up paying double what you paid I'd still think it reasonable considering what the two main unimog suppliers are asking.

33 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

Keep at it Connor,you will get what you need for alot less than what the UK guys are asking.

Have a grovell under your truck tomorrow and take a picture of the axel tag,as well as find your vin number.

Have already sent them an enquiry, will follow it up with a phone call.

Sadly that axle tag has been corroded to the point where it fell off.. have the vin and engine/gearbox numbers to hand. also have the gear casing number, should be sufficient to identify the parts needed. Theres no shortage of photos of the remains of the internals, somehow, despite all the internal damage, the numbers are still visible on all the bearings!

I could understand if the UK suppliers were twice the price.. shipping, cost of buying parts from mainland europe etc., but literally ten times the price? (and thats allowing for paying more than you paid for yours..)