Worthy of a TPO?

Jcarbor

3 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

I can't really see future growth as being particularly rapid or extensive. I imagine that that tree is in it's mature growth stage and putting the minimum of incremental growth on.

I would still go for removal. 

This is direct to road no pavement wiggle room. Roots and solid structures is a no no to me.

cost of rebuilding wall would way outweigh the removal of the tree.

if common sense provail then in my eyes a fresh tree in a better suited spot is the best outcome here. 

Got to look further down the line, keeping a tree with issues next to a solid structure vs a nice tree with a lot longer life span for the amenity of the surrounding area.

Wall looks single or double? Pillars look quite close maybe single layer? 

Wall is moved and tree retained for a further 5-10 years? What is the tree going to be like then after a reduction to look after that union....

how good would a new established tree look in 5-10 years :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had a couple of occasions where a TPO'd tree has conflicted with retaining walls which had to be rebuilt. 

On both occasions the TO said that he'd talk to highways to allowing re-siting of the walls, further onto the pavement, if necessary to rebuild accounting for root growth.

There’s no room to go out on to the highway. The roots are not a problem in this case its the trunk that is encroaching on to the wall.

Wall looks single or double? Pillars look quite close maybe single layer? 

Wall is moved and tree retained for a further 5-10 years? What is the tree going to be like then after a reduction to look after that union....

how good would a new established tree look in 5-10 years [emoji4]

Well constructed wall Swinny, double brick, there’s no way he will allow a reduction, its frowned upon in Harrogate, bracing is not an option either as the problem is still there.

Mmmmm, nice tree.

I can’t see how the tree can be retained and the wall moved without encroachment onto the road though.

Rock and a hard place.

Treework is a lot cheaper than brickwork....

The LA will probably TPO it, then come after your client claiming his wall is encroaching on the highway.

Hmmm, good one this , not a rare species / memorial / historic. So would put it under D.D.D. ( pushing wall out onto a footpath - foreseeable wall failure personal injury / death ) for removal and conditional replacement elsewhere. Birmingham bus stop case would be my worry. K

35 minutes ago, swinny said:

Ahh yes it is a nice tree!

How about dismantle the wall around the tree stem? then mock up something for security with the wall?

Already covered mate.

Client doesn't want a solution like that apparently.

The way I see it is something like that or lose the tree.