1984 MB Engineering integrity

difflock

Sniff!

Well after 2 protracted weeks with my mechanic, I finally got her back after 17:00 Friday past.

The mechanic was saying how good the brakes were, and the brake pipes were lovingly greased.

Booked in for a Sat am MOT test, and all 100% except for the Service Brakes to the rear axle, a 73% differential across the axle.

After calming down, I stripped the rear brakes on Sunday, the brake cylinders were a bing of obviously unlooked at shit and rust.

So I fettled them myself, and got her booked in for a Monday re-test.

And  .  .  .

Got 2% mismatch (and one is allowed up to 30% btw), so near enough as "perfect" as is humanly possible.

I did not pay the mechanic on Friday, and it could be some time before I pay any well-adjusted bill.

Marcus

• Confused 1

fingers crossed

Do I need? a fourth? That much?

EDITED with Jackson's reply.

Thank you for your enquiry, I can offer the following,

Mercedes G wagon 250 LHD box vehicles, choice of 2 in stock in good condition, 15,000-30,000 kilometres only,

Price each from £19,500-£22,000 plus vat

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 19:02, difflock said:

They would all need well washed before any pictures are taken, but I had intended to photograph the wee Red one this afternoon, except me bloody camera battery was flat.

Also need to wait to Monday to get the 1989 LWB back together(awaiting a replacement fuel primer pump) and fired up.

Fingers crossed,

Marcus

They have cameras on phones nowadays, it's like living in the future. ?

Make that 59, incl the 3 of ours.

I hope Lydia got some good photos.

Unfortunately the cameraman from Leinster 4*4 had to dive for cover during her outstanding(and genuinely so)  off-roading at Anagh Gap.

In the wee red "G"(trailered there and back, about 450 miles return)

Her ould Dad was so tickled.

Marcus

Edited by difflock