MS241C solenoid issues

webby1289

I bought a new MS241C about 6 weeks ago from a Stihl dealer so that I could use it for delimbing/snedding etc. It's had probably about 10 days work put on it so far so I was pretty ticked off today when it broke down on me. Wouldn't start or run. Drove for over an hour to a workshop... the solenoid had stopped working. The part was replaced under warranty but sadly Stihl are unlikely to refund me my lost wages. Is this a common problem with M-tronic saws? Anyone else had similar issues?

1 hour ago, webby1289 said:

I bought a new MS241C about 6 weeks ago from a Stihl dealer so that I could use it for delimbing/snedding etc. It's had probably about 10 days work put on it so far so I was pretty ticked off today when it broke down on me. Wouldn't start or run. Drove for over an hour to a workshop... the solenoid had stopped working. The part was replaced under warranty but sadly Stihl are unlikely to refund me my lost wages. Is this a common problem with M-tronic saws? Anyone else had similar issues?

No not a problem at all with them i have had one since 2013 and the fuel solenoid went about 3 months ago, when i took it in i was given a printed diagnostic report saying fuel solenoid but the thing that supprised me was 389 working hours on it which i thought was quite a lot for a small saw, got the fix done and now back in action on a regular basis, use it for snedding out as its light and a ballsy little saw, proberbly been the best saw i have owned and i have owned quite a few over the years,

• Like 1

Same issue twice on my 241. I ditched it and went with an Echo 390ESX from RobD, AKA ChainsawBars.co.uk

Too bad, too, cause I ported it and it would run strong for a while before it died:

22 minutes ago, carlos said:

cheap part and an easy enough fix

I believe so but i never really pass the dealer much, just kept on going with my older saw and went out and purchased a second hand good con 201t non m tronic. Been flogging that to death since and its been fine.... doesnt always cut out at idle and the air filter cover stays on unlike the new ones....

my 550xpg sounds rough nowadays also, old 361 sounds as good as new

• Like 4