The beauty of the Tax System

Rob D

Well I for one am glad we are forced to pay taxes for many services, health service, roads, schooling, waste removal etc etc.
It is far better than the alternative, stopping ever 100 yards to pay road tolls while watching sick kids wandering about during school time fly tipping rubbish. Straight into third world poverty.
Mps claiming for duck houses and gardening and multi billion pound companies moving money about to show low profits are what need addressing imo. 

Would you let your children get ill and go untreated? Would you let them go uneducated? Would you let them tip rubbish?

1 minute ago, AHPP said:

Would you let your children get ill and go untreated? Would you let them go uneducated? Would you let them tip rubbish?

If I was down on my luck and had no job and no money what option would I have? Oh, I could go around stealing from others. Yes, I see your point of view now. ........

I think we need to be sensible here.

The tax system is massively unfair.

Higher earners paying more tax is ridiculous. Penalising success and hard work.

Inheritance tax and taxing pensions is simply theft.

VAT needs sorting out - collect your own taxes as Rob originally said.

Obviously this would leave a massive shortfall in the coffers.

Easily plugged by getting the big dodgers like Amazon, Starbucks, Google etc. to pay what is due, and cutting off the offshore tax haven bollocks.

Tax dodging megastars like Bono, Geldof, Barlow etc. might be more inclined to toe the line if HMRC weren't trying to grab 50% of their earnings.

20% of each £100m would give the country far more back than 40 or 50% of fuck-all.

• Like 5

Just now, Mark Bolam said:

Easily plugged by getting the big dodgers like Amazon, Starbucks, Google etc. to pay what is due, and cutting off the offshore tax haven bollocks.

Tax dodging megastars like Bono, Geldof, Barlow etc. might be more inclined to toe the line if HMRC weren't trying to grab 50% of their earnings.

20% of £100m would give the country far more back than 40 or 50% of fuck-all.

I completely agree, I resent the amount of tax I pay and every time the SNP put it up they claim other high earners 'need to pay their share' is disgusting and very frustrating. But the SNP's voter base is generally dole bums who want more for nothing. 

But taxes are needed, as many other sane people have said here. They have also offered various viable solutions on how to make the system more fair. But we will keep voting for the same twats. Torries, Labour or the SNP (who are thankfully losing ground here in Scotland) 

But the laughable idea that we should not pay any tax and only pay for what we use and if we cant afford it then tough shit view point is thankfully only supported by one or two deluded fools. 

As long as we keep voting for the same not only will it stay the same but it will get progressively worse. In that sense we only have ourselves to blame. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AHPP said:

Is that a serious question? If so of course I wouldn't! But, you know what ,there are people in the UK who do do that because they are either slobs or flat broke. Make people pay directly or should I say give them the option to not pay for the services mentioned and the problem would drastically increase, it's not rocket science.

Is that a serious question? If so of course I wouldn't! But, you know what ,there are people in the UK who do do that because they are either slobs or flat broke. Make people pay directly or should I say give them the option to not pay for the services mentioned and the problem would drastically increase, it's not rocket science.

Do you think the amount you love and care for your kids is fairly typical?

20% of each £100m would give the country far more back than 40 or 50% of fuck-all.

Broadly agreed. Lower tax rates tend to increase total tax income because people don’t hide it etc. That leaves me in a quandary. Do I want the government to have no money so it can’t afford to be a cunt to people or do I want lower and fairer taxes? On balance, I think I’d prefer the latter as long as the government’s remit is pretty small: defence, enforcement of contracts and property rights, that sort of thing.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Broadly agreed. Lower tax rates tend to increase total tax income because people don’t hide it etc. That leaves me in a quandary. Do I want the government to have no money so it can’t afford to be a cunt to people or do I want lower and fairer taxes? On balance, I think I’d prefer the latter as long as the government’s remit is pretty small: defence, enforcement of contracts and property rights, that sort of thing.

And how do you expect the Government to defend us if we dont pay taxes? Oh thats right, we'll just voluntarily pay for it. :D:D:D 

1 minute ago, Mark Bolam said:

Andy, AHPP has accepted the need for tax, just lower and fairer.

That's that one sorted chaps, on to real business.

What on earth is that Dancing on Ice shite all about?

No he has not. :D Do you honestly think his whole lifes mindset has been converted because of a few posts on here? :D:D:D  He's just agreed that lower taxes equals more revenue received.