Logosol f2

lux

It looks reasonable doesn’t it.
I do a bit of milling, not a huge amount and I don’t think I can justify having a bandsaw that sits around too much but these are fairly inexpensive and may be an in between.
My only issue is the timber size it can handle. More research required. I will check the Facebook page. Cheers

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lux said:

It looks reasonable doesn’t it.
I do a bit of milling, not a huge amount and I don’t think I can justify having a bandsaw that sits around too much but these are fairly inexpensive and may be an in between.
My only issue is the timber size it can handle. More research required. I will check the Facebook page. Cheers

Also worth remembering Bandsaws seem to lose very little value, even years later.

I've been using the farmers mill f1 for almost a year fab bit of kit. Running ms660 with a 20'' low pro setup. I had a deal on an ex demo one and brought the log steps saw carridge extra log clamp. I also would love a bandsaw mill but don't have the storage space and this system suits my needs for now. Also run three Alaskan mills for the bigger slabs.

log mill.jpg

Edited by 54gka
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, 54gka said:

I've been using the farmers mill f1 for almost a year fab bit of kit. Running ms660 with a 20'' low pro setup. I had a deal on an ex demo one and brought the log steps saw carridge extra log clamp. I also would love a bandsaw mill but don't have the storage space and this system suits my needs for now. Also run three Alaskan mills for the bigger slabs.

log mill.jpg

What size of logs can you mill upto with the F1?

Do you run the Alaskans as a business?

Hello,

The F2 is pressure tested for 1000kg and we recommend to keep the maximum weights to between 500-600kg since you always get a bump when you turn the log after the first off cuts.

In terms of diameter the biggest logs you can load will be around 600mm. The log lifters are 500mm wide and you want to be able to use the clamps to secure the log. I have added a picture of when I cut a decent sized cherry log.

We are in the works with a larger sawbench which will be called the F2+ that will replace the M8. With that sawbench you will able to cut logs with a diameter of about 700mm. We are looking to launch this model in March or April.

Kind Regards,
Per Karlsson

LOGOSOL

IMG_0191.JPG

• Like 3

I’ve been running an M8 for a couple of years on conifers only. For me max is 18” and then I have to use a farmers jack to get the stem on. Wider ones are too heavy and cumbersome, take to long to get in position and can roll off in the process so not worth the effort and could cause injury

Edited by westphalian

if size of the log is putting you off, there is a way to mount the mill to the log and work things upside down, sounds daft doesnt it, but it does work, I've used this way to knock down some massive bits of beech with my M7, at full log bunk retraction you can take a 16" cut, width ......how long is your bar (36" in my case), and by taking 4 cuts, squaring off the round, (rolling the tree rather than trying to roll it on the mill, you end up with  a square cant and 4 slabs of a "workable" size, ok an alaskan, or a big mill might have been easier, but then straight into dimmensional lumber without to much grief is what makes the logosol so handy.......I now use mine for mostly the bigger  stuff  24"-36"  to produce cants for the bandsaw, really speeds things up