What Tracked Chipper???

josharb87

2 minutes ago, Ian C said:

The Arb 200 is a nice chipper, on par with the other top makes, my only gripe was the "hair trigger" of a bottom bar, it was being re set every 10 seconds!

That's changed now Ian, although it is still a bottom bar, its now a "floating bar"

So instead of pivoting at the top and touching a couple of sensors at the bottom it now moves in parallel as one. You can now hit the bar at the top and it'll slide in stopping the feed rollers. Much better!

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies and advice, the SafeTrak 19-28 and tw190 are tempting, but at 20k+vat and no winch, or gaurentee, I’ll be spending that bit extra and order a new Jensen tomorrow, setup how I want too unless there’s any final nuggets of wisdom?! 

From browsing on Marcus, Equipment seems  to be a good bit more expensive in Europe and Scandinavia than in UK. 

I am often amazed at how cheap some of the large haulage firms can move stuff if you can wait a few weeks for loads/ back loads etc to fall into place

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattyF said:

Can you not drive one back from the U.K. josh ? Like a decent low hour second hand machine.

Yeah that’s what I done with my last one, well got it sent over.

the 2nd hand GM and TW I mentioned are in the uk.

But 20k for a 3-4 year old machine, 400hrs, ex hire and no guarantee is a fair bit of money for a potential problem? 

Pete’s your man josh ! Personally I would never buy ex hire again unless it was at a really good price or I could check the internals properly ... if it was a good price making sure maybe for peace of mind getting a proper bearing shaft/rotor rebuild, anyway... I had a 40hr TW150 ex hire that needed a full rebuild at 150hrs, you can only imagine the shite that gets chucked through a hire machine... then again maybe it was down to the dealer I brought it from who I would certainly avoid if possible in the future.
Keep an eye on Greenlays In Cramlingtons website for TW Chipper’s ,that’s if your looking to go Timberwolf, they have the best and most thorough chipper mechanic in there workshop I’ve encountered so far... he has our 2002 150 running like a Swiss watch!

• Like 1

@PeteB Orange plant and Timberwolf UK. Have a used chipper each listed on their websites that would possibly be of interest. 30days yes, but a new machine comes with 3years!  

Can you elaborate on buying a warranty? 

My thinking is I think it’s worth spending an extra 15k for a new machine exactly want I want, with warranty, local backup and hydraulic winch (so less than 15k if deducting the winch) 

thinking about it matty, ex hire is probably not the best idea ?