What Tracked Chipper???

josharb87

1 hour ago, josharb87 said:

And everyone still fits in the trailer! 

364A3460-0BDE-4F61-934C-4832EE6AE33F.thumb.jpeg.ab95d982e24c055458b707bfc9b4e155.jpeg

How do you get on chipping into the trailer that you've used to transport the chipper??

Do you end up doing 2 trips at the end of the day alot or is it not too bad??

With my old, smaller 530, i had room for about 3m3 of chip plus the chipper. Otherwise its 2 trips, but at 8m3 it holds more, certainly legally, than most 3,5t tippers.

Ive also subbys with plant trailers.

Plus the majority of jobs the chip stays onsite, and that's what i push for, hence paying for tracks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josharb87 said:

With my old, smaller 530, i had room for about 3m3 of chip plus the chipper. Otherwise its 2 trips, but at 8m3 it holds more, certainly legally, than most 3,5t tippers.

Ive also subbys with plant trailers.

Plus the majority of jobs the chip stays onsite, and that's what i push for, hence paying for tracks!

Got ya makes sense

really nice looking machine :) 

how does it compare to your 530 in terms of maneuverability/size and ground damage in tight gardens ?

and how does it chip compared, although your other one was obviously not new.

hope it works well for you.

whats your plan for the winch?

carl 

@carlos, first impressions are very good, its physically bigger, longer tracks, not quite as nimble in rocky forests, but due to the longer tracks and perhaps the extra weight it flattens out the ride where as the smaller 530T followed every little bump up and down. So its horses for courses really.

The hopper is lower than a mates 540 spider - a VERY good thing!

The tracks extend far wider than the 530, which helps when turning carefully on grass. If in tight spots it will inevitably cause surface damage quicker.

The engine note is impressive, and the extra power really noticeable, it was only spruce branches we chipped yesterday, but even stacking multiple armfuls of branches in the hopper, then pushing them all through the stress control didn't kick in, just dropped about 20% RPM and continued chipping. (although i did order - loosely translated - intelligent indeed system, neither the dealer - new to jensens or i was sure what it was, perhaps its that working?)

Plans for the winch? winch stuff, looks cool, wanted one :). Do stuff like, 2 fallen spruces yesterday, just winched the stems, whole, to where the customer wanted the rings left. Self recovery of both chipper and hilux when i get it stuck again - normally after filling up the trailer with chip off road/snowy conditions. Winching stuff to where they can be chipped (e.g across a garden to where chip can be fired into a forest, or to the trailer if driving stuff away)

@s o c the winch lever is inline with the hopper, tracks extended its tucked quite a way in from the edge of the machine. Looks like its just to un-screw from the rubber gaitor if it is a problem.

One of my subbies who's used a TW280 a lot, and both my mates 540 spider and my new 540, reckons the 540  (50hp, not the 37hp one) is far better :biggrin: extra power noticeable and better manoeuvrability. 

• Like 2