Google has just freaked me out!

kevinjohnsonmbe

10 minutes ago, Arboricultured said:

IMG_9187.jpg

We are already in 1984 and they have even got us wanting all these fancy new gadgets I think we all just don’t want to believe how far it’s got/ where it’s going.

Where is it going? 

Edited by Woodworks

6 minutes ago, Arboricultured said:

I have my opinions but don’t have the time to back them up via this platform so will refrain. What I will say though is that any of the totalitarian regimes of the 20th century would have loved to have 21st century tech.

Too right! Rather than having to secretly mine for info, people are willingly throwing it at them now. 

1 hour ago, difflock said:

I found I was bombarded by endless Russian Bride offers (incl some rental models) on the internet, when searching for 2nd hand tractors.

I did wonder whether someone had developed an algorithm that identified that anyone searching for a 2nd hand tractor was likely to be an older bachelor farmer and therefore susceptible to such big-titted blonde blandishments.

Or at least that is what I explained to the Wife. 

Any options for a demo or were they sold as seen??  

If this guy covers his camera a mic. You got to think something is going on. Definitely listening. 

Its the amazon echo that amazes me. Tbe best peice og marketing and spyware ever created. But hey it can turn on your house lights and you can dictate a shopping list to it. I used to bang on about people wanted rfid chips to be inplanted in people. Seems we all did of our own accord. Very clever

Anyone seen the last south park series taking the piss out of jeff bezos? 

hqdefault.jpg

30 minutes ago, billpierce said:

Good piece that. 

I can see now that it’s not (necessarily) a case of advertisers having to subscribe to this service since they would (probably) be monitoring the success / return on their advertising budget and spending where best results follow a certain advertising media. If Google / Facebook are stealing a pace on the other options, it follows that they will grab the lions share of the available advertising budgets. 

Vesp, I think you are uncharacteristicly well off the money on this one - are you in denial because the thought of someone tracking your YouTube viewing history presents the probability of a visit from certain ‘agencies?’

??

• Haha 1